PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souverän

Pages : [1] 2

unclearty
06-25-2003, 08:50 AM
I`ve been doing a little searching here and it seems that no one out there is really in love with the new Liquid Souverän "wax".

I`m kinda curious as to why. I was thinking that since it`s really not a wax, why not use it over AIO..kinda like using UPP over AIO. Anyone tried this combination??....AIO and Liquid Souverän? Hmmmmmm???

Nick T.
06-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Liquid Souverän is good, paste Souverän is better.

unclearty
06-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Wow...nobody likes Liquid Souverän??

jwmiller64
06-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Its Souverän, not Sovereign.

Its a good wax, but I think the general opinion is that for the money there are better options.

Jngrbrdman
06-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Wha..? I love LS. Its my favorite liquid wax. I`ve got two bottles of the stuff on my shelf right now. I don`t think I`ve read any negative reviews on it. generally its called LS and not Liquid Souveran. How are you searching for threads on it? If you spell it wrong then you won`t find any reviews on it. lol I think its a great liquid wax that deserves all the praise it can get.

BTW... who said LS isn`t really a wax?

Nick T.
06-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by unclearty

Wow...nobody likes Liquid Sovereign?? I don’t think that anyone said that they didn’t like Liquid Souverän. It’s as good or better than any other liquid carnauba that I’ve used.

JustinR32
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
1) How durable is it compared to other "boutique" liquid carnubas?

2) How durable is is compared to other "consumer grade" liquid carnubas, such as Meg`s GC?

3) How much depth does it have compared to quality "consumer grade" pastes, such as Mother`s Cal Gold Natural?

4) How much durability, compared to same?

5) How is its durability and depth compared to S100 os P21S paste?

Mosca

Jngrbrdman
06-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

1) How durable is it compared to other "boutique" liquid carnubas?

I wasn`t aware there were other "botique" liquid carnaubas. LS is kind of in a class all on its own.

2) How durable is is compared to other "consumer grade" liquid carnubas, such as Meg`s GC?

It is competitive. I would have to run them side by side to tell you for sure, but I haven`t noticed that its overly fragile or weak in the durability area. It is what can be expected from a liquid wax. 8 weeks I think is what I got out of it last. I`ve got it on a vehicle right now that I`ll need to check on. I put it on a green Civic a little more than a month ago. I`ll find out how its doing and report it.

3) How much depth does it have compared to quality "consumer grade" pastes, such as Mother`s Cal Gold Natural?

Its awesome. I get awesome reflections and amazing depth with LS. It is above any `off the shelf` wax in that department.

4) How much durability, compared to same?

Like I said, its pretty much the same as what you would expect. Not weaker or stronger than average. Its a liquid wax, what more can I say?

5) How is its durability and depth compared to S100 os P21S paste?

Probably a little better. It depends on the circumstances, of course. It would rival them both on average and probably get one or two weeks more from my testing. S100/P21S is a good 6 - 8 week wax. LS is usually good for 8 weeks. Its just depends on your climate and treatment of the vehicle. Your results may vary from mine based on where you are at. I wouldn`t expect any wax to last 8 weeks in Las Vegas, for example. It just depends on your own individual and unique circumstances.

Mosca

imported_2wheelsx2
06-25-2003, 10:19 PM
its all i use on white, silver cars

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Why?

unclearty
06-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Wellll......my curiosity is peaked......anyone around the Boston area with a partially used bottle of LS they want to sell??

imported_2wheelsx2
06-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by KCPreki11

Why?

it seems to give white and silver cars a glow or shimmer that i havent been able to reproduce with anyhting else. i hated it when i first got it. i thought it was a waste of money but i did a pearl white 95 lexus sc300 that ithink hadnt been cleaned since it was deleiverd. but i used dacp with a oreange power pad and folowed with ls applied with the grey pad and it was simply amazing. the pearl effect in the paint was maganfied 10xtimes and the paint literly glowed from a distance

JustinR32
06-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks, jngrbrdman. I have a friend with a Titanium clearcoat metallic, I`ll try it on her car & see how it looks.

Mosca

Spilchy
06-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Can you layer carnubas like LS under Blitz?

Jngrbrdman
06-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Since its a liquid wax it may have those cleaning properties to it that would keep it from layering very well. I`m sure you could layer Blitz on top of it though. I just wouldn`t layer LS over Blitz.