PDA

View Full Version : Do I have this right?

iamwildman
06-25-2003, 01:52 AM
I`m going to be doing a full detailing of my car, and I want to know if I have this right so far. I have order of what I`m going to do on the left, and product that I will use on the right. Is the order ok? Am I missing anything?

Ignore 1 + 2

1. Clean interior of car .......................... Eagle one 20/20 glass cleaner

2. Paint calipers and rotors..........................High temp paint

3. Clean tires and rims .......................... Dawn dish soap, Eagal one tire gloss, rim polish

4. Wash car ............................ Dawn dish soap, wash mit

5. Clay car ............................... Mothers Clay Bar, Clay bar lube plush microfiber buffing towel

6. Chip Repair ............................ Touch up paint, Auto primer, Citric acid based cleaner like P21S total Auto Wash, Perp solvent (Prepsol) or denatured alcohol, Qtips, Meguiar’s Unigrit Sanding Block, 1200

grit wet & dry sand paper, 3M medium grit hand rubbing compound , Toothpicks, Cotton

terrycloth towels, pencils, glue, Plastic cups, Blue masking tape, paper hole punch, 3M

Perfect-It for Dark Cars,

7. Polish car ................................ 3M Perfect-It SMR for Dark Cars, fine rubbing compound

8. Seal the paint ........................... Meguiar’s Gold Class wax

9. Wipe car down with detailing spray ........... Mothers Detailing spray,

10.Wax car ........................ Carnauba wax

Accumulator
06-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Only thing I can think of is that you MIGHT need an intermediate polish between your rubbing compound and your PI for dark cars.

Oh, and you might want to get some finer grades of wet/dry, like at least some 2000 grit.

Good luck, have fun-sounds like a big project.