PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO & SG ?

jepetto
06-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Guys,

I finally used the Klasse AIO and SG I bought from CMA back in April today......... I`ve been busy what can I say. Anyway I have a question. The results look pretty good, ( Blue F150) but it doesn`t have that slickness like after I`ve used MG`s #9 and #26. Is this normal for this product? I only put one coat of SG on. I`m going to wait until tomorrow afternoon and top with P21s.

I`m really interested to see how durable this combination is. My truck sits outside 24/7 and it gets rather hot here this time of year. Would just like to get down the best layers of protection i can.

Thanks,

John

Andre'
06-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Klasse has what i like to call a hard slickness, someone on the forum once said Klasses slickness is like a polished rock. Carnaubas have a softer buttery slickness.

I would add one or more coats of SG before topping it with P21S, this will give the added protection you need.

jaim
06-25-2003, 01:21 AM
My Klasse AIO (2 COATS) and Klasse SG (5 Coats) is SUPER SLICK

probably becuase I did some PAINT PREP (wash, clayed, polsihed -Menzerna Final Polish) before using Klasse AIO and Klasse SG.

Hope you can post the durability results of your PS21 on top Klasse SG. I live in the Philippines with a tropical climate... just want to know if its practical for me to top my Klasse SG with the type of weather we have here.

TIP:

To maintain that slickness, I suggest that you clay your ride every week preferablly after every weekly car wash. Based on my observation, Klasse SG will not be stripped by claying. In fact, succeeding application of Klasse SG becomes so easy as your applicator pad glides smoothly on your paint surface.

jepetto
06-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Guys,

Thanks for the advice. I`ll put another coat of SG on Friday. Then top with the P21S on Saturday or Sunday.

I`ll post durability results. I`m hoping for it to last several months. Hopefully all I`ll have to do is keep up the P21S every month or so.

John

P.S. JAIM - It`s not the Phillipines, but it stays in the 90`s with about 90% humidity here in the summer. Gotta luv the Ohio Valley - NOT. I`ve heard carnuba usually doesn`t last as long in hot sunny weather. I can get about three months protection from it during Fall, Winter, Spring months. But I need to refresh about every month from May - August.

Accumulator
06-25-2003, 10:33 AM
jbriii- The more SG you can layer on before topping the better your durability will be. If you get 4-5 layers on there you really won`t BELIEVE how long it`ll last. Really.

BTW, in my experience, SG just isn`t that slippery. Topping and QDing will help. And as jaim said, gentle claying doesn`t seem to affect (multiple layers) of SG much.

2wheelsx2
06-25-2003, 12:39 PM
I concur. SG sheets water really well, but is not that slick to the touch. For that reason, I top with PUPP and the paint is pretty slick. Now I have SG and UPP for extra protection! :)