PDA

View Full Version : My First Detail of 1997 Maxima

rapidmax
06-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Just finished my first detail on my 1997 Nissan Maxima. I used Meguirs Deep Cyrstal paint cleaner, followed by Scratch-X, followed by Deep Crystal Polish and Meguiars Gold Class Wax. It`s the best its ever looked.:cool:

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/maximadetail.jpg

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/maximadetail2.jpg

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/maximasidefirstdetail.jpg

fuggedit
06-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Looking good! I think the Deep Crystal stuff is a really good "bang for your buck" product. That`s what I started using when I "graduated" from Turtle Wax type of products. I still use it on friends` and family cars that are going up for sale, trade-in or being turned in at the end of a lease. A really good look for $15!

HilfigerCelica
06-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Good job. Maxima`s are so cool. Are you gonna mod it?

rapidmax
06-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by HilfigerCelica

Good job. Maxima`s are so cool. Are you gonna mod it?

Thanks. I already have a front strut bar on it and I plan on doing a sway bar, intake, and y pipe in the near future. I also ordered the clear front blinker lights last week so they should be hear any day now.

shaf
06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Looks great! :xyxthumbs

I`m not sure how you used the Scratch-X, but regardless whether you used it as a general polish or for scratch removal, you may want to reverse the useage of Scratch-X and the DC Cleaner. They`re both basically similar abrasive products but Scratch-X is supposed to be a bit stronger. You may remove some of the Scratch-X fillers but that`s what the DC Polish (glaze) step is for anyway.

Did you clay the car too?

Jake11375
06-25-2003, 01:34 PM
You did a great job man! Car looks awesome!:up

rapidmax
06-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Looks great! :xyxthumbs

I`m not sure how you used the Scratch-X, but regardless whether you used it as a general polish or for scratch removal, you may want to reverse the useage of Scratch-X and the DC Cleaner. They`re both basically similar abrasive products but Scratch-X is supposed to be a bit stronger. You may remove some of the Scratch-X fillers but that`s what the DC Polish (glaze) step is for anyway.

Did you clay the car too?

Forgot to mention that I clayed it about a month ago. Didn`t think it was necessary to do again. Clay bar definitely worked wonders.

White95Max
01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Are you a member of Maxima.org?

If not, you should be... You can learn a lot there.

See you there. :)

imported_ajbarnes
01-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Looking good!:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
01-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Nice job, especially for using consumer products exclusively.

:up

Juggalo
01-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by rapidmax

Thanks. I already have a front strut bar on it and I plan on doing a sway bar, intake, and y pipe in the near future. I also ordered the clear front blinker lights last week so they should be hear any day now.

What about some 18`s and dropping it about 1.5"?

Detail look`s great btw:xyxthumbs