PDA

View Full Version : Vancouverites...what clay do you recommend

MikesJo
06-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey vancouver guys, i just finished using my mother`s clay bar and am looking for a new one. What do you guys recommend? I was thinking of a zaino one, is it the same size as the mothers? Reason why i`m asking the vancouver guys is cause i want to get this local. Would like to try zaino since some people say it`s better and also would like to find the best bang for the buck clay bar to do as many cars as i can. So what would you recommend, and also what is the best bang for your buck one. Thanks!!

shaf
06-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Hmm, I think the Clay Magic from Bashir`s is 200g and costs $33 (can`t recall exactly - do a search), while the 113g (4oz) Zaino bar costs $22. I think people like the CM bar better though.

Seeing as how I got 3 cars worth of uses from my 80g Mothers bar though, I would still think that`s the best buy since I like their QD (worth $7-8 alone) that comes with it too. It`s on sale till Thursday now for $21 I think. :up

HTH

2wheelsx2
06-24-2003, 03:42 PM
I have used Mother`s, Meguiar`s and Clay Magic. The Mother`s is the best deal up here, and is easy to use. The Meguiar`s is streaky and too sticky. The Clay Magic is very good, and my favourite, but is too expensive up here. I got my 200 g bar for $38 at Bashir`s Auto Center in Richmond. 270-9131. 5751 Minoru Blvd., Richmond. You have to call ahead, because the guy carries the clay in his mobile detailing truck.

However, for $38, you just get a box with the 200 g clay bar. As you know, for $20, you get the Mother`s 80 g clay bar, Showtime, and a small bottle of cleaner wax. Can`t really beat that deal.

2wheelsx2
06-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Man, you`re quick on the draw, Brian. Beat me to it.

We should consider trying to see if we can get a Canadian GB on the Clay Magic at Bashir`s. :)

What do you think, DW? (private joke between Brian and I) :)

MikesJo
06-24-2003, 03:52 PM
How many oz`s is the mother`s; comparing with the zaino. Do you know if you can buy the mother`s bar alone, it`d probably be cheaper right?

2wheelsx2
06-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

the 113g (4oz) Zaino bar

Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

the Mother`s 80 g clay bar

You can get 3 bars of Mother`s from them direct. I asked before and got a quote, but after I calculated the exchange and such, I decided it wasn`t such a good deal, and just resorted to waiting for sales at CT.

shaf
06-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Man, you`re quick on the draw, Brian. Beat me to it.

We should consider trying to see if we can get a Canadian GB on the Clay Magic at Bashir`s. :)

What do you think, DW? (private joke between Brian and I) :) :lol I think I`ll let YOU handle this one! I`m all W`d out. :p

I`m stocked up on clay for the next 2/3 years though since I jumped on one of David`s Autopia sales.