PDA

View Full Version : Review: Einszett Plastik-Reiniger and Tiefenpfleger

RegalGS
06-23-2003, 09:14 PM
I just received my Matte Effect Interior Kit from the Autopia store this afternoon. As luck would have it, my husband pulled his truck into the drive as I was unpacking the bottles. Ahh! A victim! (And the dash was dirty. Quite dirty. I don`t have before pics - it would be too embarrassing.)

The Plastik-Reiniger instructions say it "cleans heavily soiled plastic components." (Thanks, David, for putting English labels on the bottles! :bigups ) I hoped it was right... sprayed across the dash in as fine a spray as I could get first time out. The product smelled chemical, but not unpleasant. I rubbed the product into the dash and steering wheel with a MF. Wasn`t too surprised at the amount of dirt that came off. Now the next step, wipe with a clean sponge. I simply rinsed out the MF, squeezed damp, and used that. Not bad! A buff with a dry cloth, and the dash looked almost good again.

Now for the Tiefenpfleger. I didn`t read the instructions right the first time, so I got a little bit of spotting. I sprayed directly on the dash instead of on the towel as well. I let it penetrate and then had to buff kinda hard to get some of the spots buffed out. The dash hadn`t been treated with anything before, so it soaked in. A second application, and this is what resulted:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/1941dashleft-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/1941dashright-med.jpg

My first impressions: this kit probably works best on a dash that hasn`t been neglected. I can`t say that my husband`s dash is kept to autopian standards. However, I`m quite pleased (and so is he) at the appearance. If I can get him to keep up on it with the Cockpit Premium (which I`m already very happy with), I think his dash will stay this way. The smell is strong to begin with, but tapers quickly to a very pleasant fresh smell. One of these days, I`ll get to the rest of the interior. :D

chris0626
06-24-2003, 05:16 AM
I too was very impressed with the Plastik-Reiniger (haven`t tried the other ones you mention). Found it to work impressively with very little effort. Took it to the Jag club detailing event last weekend, and folks were just blown away by how well it cleaned imbedded dirt.