PDA

View Full Version : how often do you apply Klasse AIO

optimsprym
06-23-2003, 08:18 PM
im thinking of trying out new products other than Zaino, Klasse being one of them, and was wondering for AIO how often do you apply it? Is it like Z1 where you apply it only a couple of times a year, or do you reapply it after every wash?

Jngrbrdman
06-23-2003, 08:22 PM
AIO is a cleaner product. You apply it whenever you want to clean off the sealants and waxes on your paint. Generally you would apply it right after polishing out the swirls and before applying the sealant or wax. Its not something that should be used unless you are starting over from the beginning.

apt333
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
I do mine twice a year-spring and fall. One coat AIO, one coat SG each time, and then a coat of souveran once or twice over the summer.

Quick detail spray works fine also, I am just using up the souveran I bot before switching to klasse. It does add some depth to the finish.

imported_Larry A
06-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

AIO is a cleaner product. You apply it whenever you want to clean off the sealants and waxes on your paint. Generally you would apply it right after polishing out the swirls and before applying the sealant or wax. Its not something that should be used unless you are starting over from the beginning. A.i.o. is a cleaner sealant .It can be used as a stand alone product It will last longer than any carnuba except Collinite.The sealant glaze is just iceing on the cake .

Jngrbrdman
06-24-2003, 12:39 PM
I beg to differ. AIO doesn`t last 6 weeks. At least, not on my car. It starts to sheet after 3 or 4 weeks. PPG will bead for a solid 5 weeks if not longer. Most waxes I know of will last longer than a month. Blitz can be good for nearly 2 months. AIO isn`t much of a sealant. It may have a little in it, but not enough to stand alone. Its purpose is to clean the paint and provide a surface for SG to bond to. I don`t think it was ever intended to be left alone on the car.

CharlesW
06-24-2003, 01:39 PM
AIO is one of the best "base" products I have ever used to apply a wax or sealant over.

As far as how long it lasts or if it is a good stand alone product, I can`t say. It IS most certainly touted by Klasse as being a stand alone product with good durability.:nixweiss

Personally, I apply AIO about every 90 - 120 days. Platinum UPP goes over it on two vehicles, S100 on another, every 30 days. The AIO/UPP or AIO/S100 both look great and are so easy to use, it almost seems like you didn`t work hard enough at it. Obviously, with my 30 intervals, longevity is not a major factor for me.

I do think you will be very happy with AIO, great product.

Charles:wavey

//MMMGood
06-24-2003, 02:26 PM
If you read the container for SG it says that if your surface is clean and not oxidized you can put it right on the paint.

AIO claims 6 months. SG claims 12 months, BMW claims 15K miles between changes. :P

I actually feel that sheeting is perferable to me. I love the water flying off the surface. Perhaps I didn`t apply enough S100 or it burned off while sitting outside...but water would just sit on the paint. Which is just annoying.

On a side not. I tried (just messing around) AIO and SEC to get rid of water spots. SEC worked like a charm(quickly too) and AIO didn`t(I tried 3 times).

Just a little experiment...I will be hitting it with SMR soon...

Peter Hsu

optimsprym
06-24-2003, 04:17 PM
sorry for the noob questions guys..im still trying to learn. I now understand that AIO goes on only a couple of times a year or so, but can the waxes (SG, UPP, S100) can go over that in multiple coats? Ive read a lot about people using the AIO/UPP/S100 combo, but i havent read how many times you put the UPP/S100 on top of the AIO...TIA

imported_Intermezzo
06-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

PPG will bead for a solid 5 weeks if not longer. Most waxes I know of will last longer than a month.

Generally, what do you use as a base when using PPG?

Also, I thought `acrylic` versions of a polymer sealant were supposed to sheet water? :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
06-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Well, good question. I usually have UPP under it. I don`t take sealants under waxes into consideration for longevity tests. When I tested the longevity of PPG it was on a clayed vehicle with PPCL as the only product used before. I use Jennifer`s car as a test bed just because it spends 24/7 outside. When I test waxes on my car I usually can only tell when it has worn off based on what the dust is doing. If it still rinses clean in a rain storm then I know the S100/P21S is still there. If bugs stop flying around my car then I know the Souveran is gone. Usually you can feel the difference. The way water beads is different too. I try to test things on a surface that won`t taint the results with other sealants or waxes though.

AIO certianly beads though. I could take a picture of it right now all beaded up. Right now the only thing on my car is AIO that was applied on Friday night. Its been raining all week and it has been beading. Even SG beads like a champ for months.

imported_Intermezzo
06-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Hmm, I never thought of testing the wax by seeing how dust and bugs react to it. That`s a great idea! :up

AIO is an enigma to me. It`s a great product and there are indications that it lasts a few months but there are also several indicators that scream it`s gone after a month. I agree that it does bead up very well initially (as does SG). I guess I`d just assumed that since SG stops beading after a few months, but can still protect your car for 5-6 months, AIO did the same. Either way, probably best to layer another blanket of protection on top of AIO.....just to remove any doubt.