PDA

View Full Version : I`m still laughing about this one....

ntwrkguy1
06-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Hopefully, this will brighten your Monday as much as it did mine. I needed an item for my Suburban, so I headed over to the local Chevy dealer. I purchased what I needed from the parts counter, then decided to take a look around the lot. I came upon an `03 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette convertible, bargain priced at $57,085. I couldn`t help but to notice that the dealer had `installed` some swirl marks, and was kind of chuckling to myself about it when I heard the salesman say, "She`s a beauty, huh?"

Now, with a clever opening line like that, I HAD to engage him in some conversation. It went something like this:

DavidM: "It`s a nice car, but for $57k I shouldn`t have to deal with things like this" (pointing to the hood, which was loaded with swirls).

Salesman: "Oh, that`s the special 50th Anniversary Edition Red"

DavidM: "I wasn`t talking about the color......I was talking about these (pointing right to a swirl mark)."

Salesman (with a totally straight face): "I think those are part of the 50th Anniversary package."

Needless to say, it was all I could do to avoid laughing out loud. Maybe that`s the new dealer tactic: "Tell the customer that the swirls are a factory installed item!"

Amazing.

DavidM

switerajaya
06-23-2003, 02:51 PM
I`d be laugh`n with you, if my 50th didn`t come with swirls. At the time I bought it, I was not Autopia educated. Would not have known a swirl from a cinnamon bun. Decided to take care of the car and discovered Autopia back in November. Now I can identify swirls and it has been easy going to not induce anymore, with the right application methods.

LouisanaJeeper
06-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Did anyone see the Simpson`s episode where Homer installed "speed* holes" in his hood haha

must be racing "speed swirls" that help reduce drag

Estoril ///M
06-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Did anyone see the Simpson`s episode where Homer installed "spped holes" in his hood haha

:rofl :lol

oh man that was funny.

Jngrbrdman
06-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Man, if the 50th anniversary vettes are coming off the line with wrinkles then they must not be aging as well as I thought. :D lol Comments like that make you want to just slam the dealer`s face into the fender and walk out, don`t they? I had a dealer tell me that about a Viper on the showroom floor once. They said the marks couldn`t be removed without repainting the car. Uh...yeah. right. :rolleyes:

Dreams911s
06-23-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah dealer option charge you 150 200 bucks more to right?

Jngrbrdman
06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Look at it as a weight reduction modification. lol The 1/1,000,000 of an ounce ouce that was shaved off with those swirls will lower the 1/4 mile times dramaticly. :lol

shaf
06-24-2003, 12:51 AM
No no no, they`re special wind-tunnel engineered "aero contours" that direct the wind over the car`s body and reduces the drag by an amazing 0.10! :D

godofthunder
06-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey....can I tick yall off!?

We went to wally world to pick up some EO tire and wheel cleaner. WE come back up, and a 50th had parked right behind debs truck, crooked. And thats just the begining.

Top was down. The windhield was cracked in half, like someone hit it. Then, the front bumper/clip was coverd in grime, and also torn up (just like items hitting it). The interior was covered in trash.

I was on fire. I cant stand people out here in Westend Henrico/Richmond anyways...they buy 50k+ cars, and treat em like a beater. It was just awful for once to see a car i somewhat cared about (most others are like Mercedes and BMW minivans or SUV or whatever they are)

Jon