PDA

View Full Version : UPP over AIO...any lovers??

unclearty
06-23-2003, 11:15 AM
I`ve been in "mad waxer" mode for a few weeks now...you know..can`t wait to get home from work..get changed, grab my stuff....and it`s RAINING!!! ARRGGHH Put a coat of Collinite paste fleetwax on the black Benz Friday night. It beads like crazy, but noticed that it`s attracting dirt...more than before.

I bought AIO, but not SG. I have Platinum cleaner and Protectant.

How about a little VM with the PC and a white pad...AIO by hand, then 3 coats of UPP by hand? Are there Autopians out there who use this combination...and like it?

Scott301
06-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Mr. Orosco might like to chime in on this one.

Brad

Thomasfl
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
I use UPP quite a bit. The AIO/UPP combo is probably the most often used combo. I found for me this is by far the best combo for white. I generally don`t need the cleaning capabilities that AIO has because my prep is usually done before I get to this step. I prefer VM before UPP, it adds a little extra depth.

So you want to do VM, AIO, UPP - not sure about that. I would think that AIO, VM, UPP would be a better order. Even better is a paint cleaner then either AIO or VM, then UPP.

2wheelsx2
06-23-2003, 11:51 AM
I have used UPP over AIO all colours of cars. They always come out looking spectacular. I think that the combination works especially for darker cars, where it seems to give the paint more depth. With lighter colour cars, it doesn`t seem to matter whether I have SG in between AIO and UPP. The finish is very reflective, but obviously with the depth that darker colours have.

Jngrbrdman
06-23-2003, 12:13 PM
I use the AIO and UPP combo all the time. I find that its faster than the AIO/SG route. On my own cars I don`t mind taking the extra time, but when time is money then I`ll use whatever is fastest. UPP looks great on AIO anyway. It probably looks as good on AIO as it would on nothing at all, but the AIO gives you a nice clean surface and the bonding should be better with it on there too.

Spilchy
06-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I use the AIO and UPP combo all the time. I find that its faster than the AIO/SG route. On my own cars I don`t mind taking the extra time, but when time is money then I`ll use whatever is fastest. UPP looks great on AIO anyway. It probably looks as good on AIO as it would on nothing at all, but the AIO gives you a nice clean surface and the bonding should be better with it on there too.

As soon as I the title to this post I thought this has Jngrbrdman written all over it! :p

If you had a nickel for every time you recommended this combo, you`d be a millionaire! :D

Dave N
06-23-2003, 12:43 PM
I also think this combo is great because it is quick and easy (well, relatively quick and easy!) and gives great results. I`ve used it on my parents` cars.

I`m going to be doing a cousin`s Jimmy soon, and it doesn`t have a clearcoat. Can anyone tell me if UPP OK to use on paint w/o a clearcoat?

CharlesW
06-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Dave N

Can anyone tell me if UPP OK to use on paint w/o a clearcoat? It certainly better be. Been using it on one car with no clear-coat for a little over a year now. Vehicle looks great, and the paint still seems to be intact.

Also, another vote for the AIO/UPP combination.

Charles :wavey

imported_NHBFAN
06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
AIO/UPP is enough? No carnuba (S100) topper?

Jngrbrdman
06-24-2003, 11:01 PM
There is always room for a carnauba topper! Its like the dessert after a steak dinner. You just have to wait 24 hours for it to digest/cure first. ;)

Fr0zen
06-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Yah I have to get some UPP Right now I got AIO and S100. I been on the polshing frenzy for a couple of weeks and the tire gel :) Got all of the menzerna products and Meguiars DACP. Now I want to get Top of the Line Carpet Shampoo and Platnium UPP

CharlesW
06-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

AIO/UPP is enough? No carnuba (S100) topper?

When I tried topping the UPP with S100, I didn`t think it added much, if anything, to the vehicle. Since it also meant I couldn`t add more UPP without taking off the S100, I quit using them together.

Right now I have three vehicles with the following combinations on each.

1. AIO/UPP

2. AIO/S100

3. Platinum Paint Cleaner/UPP

If you were to look at any of the three, I really doubt that you would be able to tell me which vehicle had which products.

Charles:wavey