PDA

View Full Version : Pic posted....Finally!

DBC
06-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Ok folks,awhile back i mentioned that i was gonna post up a pic of my car after i get my cam developed.Well finally here it is:p .And oh yea try imagining the car itself looking really faded and oxidized.The paint wasnt as bright looking as u see it now. But u can see that the paint is faded somewhat due to age(i think?)...Sorry no before pics(wasn`t thinking back then).Any comments appreciated.Please be nice now:D

One more thing.I dont have a garage so its not kept in one.The house u see in the background is my other "home".

Rob

DBC
06-23-2003, 06:20 AM
4 got to mention that the previous owner never took really good care of it.Jus the basic wash and dry kinda deal.Took me the whole day to wash and scrub everything down,used a waterspot remover on the paint and glass,clayed,cleaned,polished,and sealed it,then finally used a wax topper over it.Used some wadding polish for the rims and exhaust and applied a protectant.Cleaned the glass and finally all rubber and plastic trim.:D

Rob

meGrimlock
06-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Purdy. :xyxthumbs I love 240s, and yours looks awesome. Nice gloss on the hood too. Lets see some closer shots. ;)

DBC
06-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by IndigoGTI

Purdy. :xyxthumbs I love 240s, and yours looks awesome. Nice gloss on the hood too. Lets see some closer shots. ;)

Hey thanks alot Gti for the props.ummm,about the closeups,ill get some as soon as i get me a decent digital cam.only took that pic about a yr ago with a disposable.youll have to forgive me when i do show some closeups of the car at different angles.just a headsup tho,theres a long key mark on the passenger side along with some dings,and the front bumper,wellllll its jus not worth taking anymore.the paint is hella dry and cracked so i cant really do anything about it except to repaint it.and i hope u understand about me explaining that the black trim panels along the door is in really bad condition.its too faded and oxidized to do anything about it except to repaint it.im planning on replacing those tho hopefully with OE.but anyway thanks again Gti!

BTW:I love GTI`s also. one of my older brother`s friend drives a GTi also btu shes planning on getting a 350z.pretty sick huh?!she works as a stock broker so i guess she has the mula to get anything she wants..:p anyway ill keep ya posted :D