PDA

View Full Version : Get white letters white again?

Pages : [1] 2

godofthunder
06-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Hey yall

the GFs dak has white leter tires, that she loves. Well, we use to use bleach white on my old white walls on my old POS ciera, and it worked nice, but i dont like it.

What would yall recomend as a good tire cleaner, espc. for white letters?

Jon

imported_BretFraz
06-22-2003, 10:20 PM
I recommend the best car care product ever made - Eagle One Tire Cleaner. Almost impossible to find in stores but available online from CMA.

Other alternatives are Mothers Tire and Rubber Cleaner or EFHI, both of which work very well.

chris0626
06-22-2003, 10:22 PM
It had been about 3 weeks since I cleaned the coupe`s tires, and the whitewalls were looking awful! Today I did another detail, and used APC+ on the whitewalls. The product made the work easy, and the results were superb. So ... APC+ 4:1 would be my recommendation.

godofthunder
06-22-2003, 10:31 PM
for now, i would like something local, and easy for the GF to do. She actually wants me to start taking the truck once every week or so (and i give her the Olds) so i can "work" on it. But, she wants to learn all this stuff im learning, so she can do some on her own. She loves it when that flame red paint it bright, you have to wear glasses!!!!! When shee took delivery, the thing looked like a 3 alarm fire coming down the road!

Thanks yall! More input if any other ideas

ntwrkguy1
06-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Hey Bretfraz,

Isn`t the `new` Eagle One A2Z Tire and Wheel Cleaner the replacement for the standalone tire cleaner? I purchased it several weeks ago from Auto Zone, and was quite impressed with the fact that I only need to take one bottle out to do the tires/wheels! It`s been my wheel cleaner of choice for quite a while, and now it cleans the tires too!

-DavidM

Bucky
06-23-2003, 09:04 PM
I had been searching for something to make the letters on my tires white as well and after some searching, I found TrimBrite "Tire Paint Pen." It is a white stick of what almost looks like a bigger Crayola marker. You rub it on the white letters and it makes them look brand new. I have tried everything from Bleech white to SOS pads and nothing works nearly as well.

Over the weekend I did all four tires and they really look great. The letters looked worn down and gray before, but now look super white. If you can find this product, I would definitely recommend it. I found it at a local non-chain auto supply store and it only set me back $3.00.

Bucky

Bucky
06-23-2003, 09:16 PM
:)

godofthunder
06-23-2003, 09:29 PM
ive seen that, but dont need that, just a cleaner. These tires are only a few months old. I just dont wanan use blech white on em

jon

Fr0zen
06-23-2003, 10:27 PM
dont you just love those impossible products you cant find at the store. Espacially Eagle one I waysted two weeks looking for it then just gave up and orderd 3 bottles of it from eagle one.

imported_BretFraz
06-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ntwrkguy1

Hey Bretfraz,

Isn`t the `new` Eagle One A2Z Tire and Wheel Cleaner the replacement for the standalone tire cleaner? I purchased it several weeks ago from Auto Zone, and was quite impressed with the fact that I only need to take one bottle out to do the tires/wheels! It`s been my wheel cleaner of choice for quite a while, and now it cleans the tires too!

-DavidM

I think they`re just promoting the tire cleaning ability of the product. Since it appears the new formulation of A2Z is alkaline it should be OK for tires. One day I`ll have to get some new A2Z and compare tire cleaning ability to the real thing. Thanks for the interesting comments. :xyxthumbs

imported_Greg
06-23-2003, 11:02 PM
APC+ at 2:1 dillution, those white walls will be glistening!

stuart hicks
06-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Paint thinner works better than Wesley`s or any thing else I`ve tried. Pour some onto a rag and then rub the tire. It works best when you keep the rag really wet with the stuff.

chris0626
06-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by stuart hicks

Paint thinner works better than Wesley`s or any thing else I`ve tried. Pour some onto a rag and then rub the tire. It works best when you keep the rag really wet with the stuff.

I don`t know the first thing about chemistry .... but isn`t paint thinner awfully harsh? especially when you can get excellent results with APC+? and other gentler products. :nixweiss

godofthunder
06-25-2003, 07:29 PM
We Actually picked up the Eagle One Tire and Wheel cleaner, worked GREAT! (It was orange)

Jon

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 11:09 PM
APC!