PDA

View Full Version : Interior plastic re-conditioning??

Aaron31
06-22-2003, 04:08 AM
Hey All,

Firstly full kudos for the site - excellent information (finally!) pertaining to car detailing! Love it!

I have a `93 Lexus SC400 (Toyota Soarer - Jap Import) which whilst the interior is in very good nick, I think it is starting to suffer the test of time, as well as HOT Australian summer sun etc etc. I know that in the past I have used exactly the WRONG stuff to clean the dash and other interior plastics (ie harsh kitchen grade cleaners) and so now I get a fair amount of `creaking` in side the car, mainly from the dash.

I am all but certain that the creaking is a result the plastic `treatments` which are present at the factory (that keep things smooth, good looking and above all lubricated) have been removed by ME and the wrong cleaners.

So the question is, has anyone been able to `restore` plastic in this condition? I have been looking at the einszett range of products, which in all my looking on the WWW seem to be the closest thing to what I am after - which is to restore that stuff that has been removed...

Has anyone used these products with success?

Any other products to look out for?

Thanking You!

Aaron

Melbourne, Australia