PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!!!!! My first claying session.

imported_Faceman
06-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Hello all,

Last week, when I was washing my car i noticed some `stuff` on my roof and bonnet. Thought to myself, for this i will need some clay. But... never bought any clay, never used any clay, never needed any clay. And, as luck would have it...

On the Clio forum that i visit a lot, I recently sent some IHG to a member who wanted to try a glaze. BEST move i ever made.

She recently posted that she had purchased some clay bars from Halfords for 15p each (about 25 cents) from their bargain bin (I think she bought about 7 or 8). They were big bars too, 300g each and bright-ish green.

I asked nicely and she agreed to send me one to try. Got the chance today to give it a whirl.

Now, like I said, never used clay before. but WOW can`t believe how easy it is to use and what effect it has had on my paint. Never really believe what a difference it could make. Now i don`t think I`ll be able to live without it!!!!

Shame I`m gonna have to pay about £8/£10 a bar from now on, but well worth it I think!

Laters,

Face

chris0626
06-21-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah, it`s a life-altering experience, isn`t it? Glad you saw the light! :up

Clare
06-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Glad you liked it! :)

noxen
06-24-2003, 09:01 AM
I almost ran out of the lube I got with clay magic after using it only once. I dont wanna order the lube again, is there anything i get to substitute it?

M-M
06-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Any quick detail spray will work, or soapy water. Some people clay while the car is still wet (after washing) and then do a rinse after the clay.

It doesn`t really mater as long as it keeps the clay moving smoothly and doesn`t dry up on you

58fury
06-24-2003, 11:07 AM
very impressed with my first exp claying, i have 3M cleaner clay does a great job!! with Reflex Silver i could really see the results

fisher
06-24-2003, 04:00 PM
:showpics

Fr0zen
06-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Has anyone ever tried meguiars overspray clay ?

jaim
06-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Try claying every week. I clay my ride every week and it really makes a BIG difference. Be sure however that your paint protection is not a carnauba wax because it will be removed by claying. You may want to use Klasse or Zaino as paint protection so you can clay every week without removing your protection.

I use as lubricant, dilluted Eimann Fabrik Power Wash +.

Great cleaning power that does not remove paint protection.

xenangel
06-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Will claying the car often as in once a week removes the polish on the car??

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 10:57 PM
As long as it`s not removing what`s over the polish.