PDA

View Full Version : My Menzerna Test Run w/Pics!

Pages : [1] 2

JoshABI
06-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Okay, I am now officially in love with this stuff. I decided to try it out on an abused and neglected Ford Taurus, and the results were great! I`m telling you, Menzerna is giving DACP a run for its money. Here is the "before" picture...I hope this works.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/250000-250999/250341_9_full.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty bad, huh? Those spots you see are baked-on tree sap. I hadn`t done anything to the hood yet except wash and dry it. Next up, is the "after" shot. I had clayed and done some sap removal, and you can still see a scratch or two that were beyond my reach...but overall, I really liked using this stuff. The hood took me about 20 minutes to complete.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/250000-250999/250341_10_full.jpg

And another picture out in the natural light. It got a coat of No. 3 Machine Glaze and Blackfire for this pic.

[IMG]http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/250000-250999/250341_11_full.jpg

JoshABI
06-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Sorry, here is that "before" pic again...this time it should just show up for you.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/250000-250999/250341_9_full.jpg

2wheelsx2
06-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Wow! Nice work!:xyxthumbs

I find DACP is really easy to use. I haven`t tried the Menzerna products, but I suspect it`s like the 3M vs. Meguiar`s threads going around....boils down to local availabilty and personal preference. I can get DACP 5 minutes from my house, but have to mail order the Menzerna stuff.

Fr0zen
06-20-2003, 04:47 PM
What stores is DACP Avalible at Locally. ?

imported_BretFraz
06-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

What stores is DACP Avalible at Locally. ?

It can usually be found at auto paint supply stores. Look in your yellow pages. Many of these retailers stock the Body Shop Professional line from Meguiars as well as the pro stuff from 3M. Both products lines have some crossover to the consumer stuff but DACP is exclusive to the BSP line. Its the best polish I`ve used but interesting to see good results from Menzerna.

Nice work, StickKing!!! :up

Fr0zen
06-20-2003, 05:59 PM
I will try that does anyone know if it is possible to purschase Menzerna Polishs Locally. I emailed menzerna they asked for a buisiness name and what I use it for.

JoshABI
06-20-2003, 06:17 PM
FrOzen, I haven`t seen any place around the midwest that sells Mazerna products. In fact, the only place I have seen them for sale anywhere is CMA`s website. When you read the description, they talk about being able to "introduce" Mazerna products to the USA, so they might be the only importer around. Anyone seen it elsewhere?

Scott301
06-20-2003, 07:21 PM
I just purchased some from the Autopia store. If I could only remember the URL..........:)

Brad

Fr0zen
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Appearently he has seen them and JGV He has the whole menzerna line. Fast cut,intensive,finial polish and the wax.

scroll down in this post http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24711&pagenumber=1 and read JMSC`s post.

JoshABI
06-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by BradNC

I just purchased some from the Autopia store. If I could only remember the URL..........:)

Brad

:lol Oh yes...of course.

imported_jgv
06-20-2003, 07:48 PM
About the Menzerna`s, let`s put it this way:

Their line or products are developed together with Mercedes Benz. The new ultra luxury Maibach finish is achieved with Menzerna`s polishes and waxes.

The products work very well and even better if used together. If one uses the Fast Cut, then the Intensive Polish, the Final Polish and the Sealing Wax, you have a `new car finish` finish.

It makes not sense on using the IP or the FP alone, they complement each other, as part of a process. You can top them with UPP, P21S, SG, EX or whatever wax you want, the great base is there.

The Fast Cut must be used if the swirls/scratches are harder, I did my entire Volvo with it once.

I have and use/test most polishes talked about like Megs, (our) 3M PI-III line, Presta, 1Z, P21S GEPC, you name it! I have use for each one at a time, but when I want to go for sure I use the Menzerna line, no mistakes with it. :xyxthumbs

jmsc
06-23-2003, 07:09 PM
jgv,

every product except Presta AND PowerGloss.

I will use PG on TUE.

What can you tell me about Presta?

1: what polishes glazes waxes are offered?

2: how do they compare with the 3M Meg PRO Menzerna line?

3: cost?

4. which Presta product in you opinion is their best?

All in all. I tend to agree. Menzerna, so far so good.

I can obtain Presta locally at my Auto Paint store.

Thanks in advance for any info.

fisher
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
hey BradNC killer avatar!!!!...."do you want to live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER" hehehe:rofl :rofl :rofl

BoxsterCharlie
06-23-2003, 09:07 PM
I contacted Jeff Silver of Menzerna USA (www.menzernausa.com) and was able to get a couple small samples of PO73 (that`s their sealing wax) as a private party. I really like it and have been testing it on all my cars for a couple months now. I feel it is a major contender, especially as a Klasse topper.

But, when I tried ordering some supply from them, they haven`t gotten back to me. I haven`t been proactive either, so mabe I was just lost in the shuffle. Jeff had indicated at one point that he could sell direct to me, not sure what happened and I lost interest for the time being.

Somebody pick this up! PO73 is pretty cool stuff and is worth a try!

Estoril ///M
06-24-2003, 03:57 AM
So StickKing1, did you use the intensive polish and the final polish or just one of the products?