PDA

View Full Version : Gliptone wax over UPP

unclearty
06-20-2003, 10:27 AM
I`ve buffed out the black Benz with PI III, then SEC, then AIO and 2X UPP. Great shine, but lacking depth and clarity. Found some Gliptone pure carnauba hard wax yesterday. Got home, QD the trunk...VM lightly, remove.. then a thin coat of the Gliptone...buff with MF. SHHHEEEESH!!! Deep, darker...wet looking. Went over that with a quick wipe down of Quickshine...even better! Had my wife come out, begrudgingly...as she walked up to the car...she commented that she could clearly see the colors of the dress she was wearing! Had her walk to the other side of the car...nice shine, but not as clear and deep as the waxed side. I`m very pleased...looks a little better than the S100 topper, and should last a little longer. Will do pictures when I can get the whole car done.

It kinda sucks getting home at 5:30..and ONLY having 2.5 hrs of daylight to detail.

Spilchy
06-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Nice find with the Gliptone. This was instead of the Collinite right? Two very different animals.

Not many here use Gliptone. I`ve heard so so things about it. I see it all the time for sale at Pep Boys.

Glad it served you well! That`s quite a comparison to s100!

Pics would be cool! If you didn`t do the whole car maybe you can post the pics with Gliptone and without?

unclearty
06-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Good idea...should have thought of that...I just got so jazzed seeing it turn out the way I`ve wanted it, I didn`t want to show it till it was done. I might do 1 half of the hood tonight and take pics at dusk.

Patrick
06-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Ive used the Glip clearcoat car wax...OMG, talk about a beast....Nice shine and all, you could actually feel the protection...But what a bear to remove !!!!!! So, there it sits on the shelf, actually i take it with me wherever I go, just in case...I seldom travel with 2-3 products, I think im up to at least 12 different sealants/or waxes with me at all times......Its a fear of mine, lol....