PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Autopia

Robb
06-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Just did my first paying detail job today. It was on my future mother in laws car. it`s a 01 malibu and in pretty good condition, anyways, i was going to charge her 70, for a full detail, i got it all dont, took 7 hours, and dropped it off at her house and she was extremely pleased, she said it was better than the local shop she takes it to and they charge her 150, so thats what she ended up paying me, i was very happy. anyways, her husband saw it when he got home from work and was `like whoa` it looks damn good and he wants me to do his truck, now that means alot to me coming from a guy who has painted cars for 30 yrs, all in all a great day, me and my girl had fun `workin` together on it and the end result was great. Just wanted to thank autopia for all thay i have learned and all the great product recomendations, i finally got to use vanilla moose and it was an awesome product, mad props go to Scott for recommending that, anyways, thanks again.

Scottwax
06-19-2003, 11:34 PM
:cool: Feels good to have that first happy paying customer, doesn`t it?

I charged $35 for the first car I did. I had no idea how much to ask for. It was a red slightly oxidized Nissan Sentra. Took me about 4 1/2 hours and since that was before I discovered QEW, I had to drive it to the nearest DIY car wash. I charged $60 for the next one.

bunker
06-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Robb, Congratulations and welcome to the forum. What other products did you use? VM is a great product (and smells good too). Remember that we Autopians love to see pictures of the results too!

It`s great that your GF enjoys the work also. A great way to start a life together.

Robb
06-19-2003, 11:40 PM
I started off using eagle one wheel cleaner , which is a really great product, then i after i washed with P21S soap i clayed, did #9, Vanilla Moose and S100. i also got to try out Meg`s new tire spray, i thought the shine was kind of `plasticy`, all in all it looked great, shorry about pics, i know i shouldve taken some, it was amazing though, it relflected everything and it looked so smooth, kind of like that Blue Car u once had a pic of on here Scott

Scottwax
06-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Robb-the blue car is still in my gallery here, if you are referring to the Acura TL.