PDA

View Full Version : Would this be the smart way to go?

BlkEscapeMike
06-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Judging by time constraints and given that I`m working outside I have broken down my detailing process into 2 days. Please tell me if this sounds alright or make any corrections...

Day 1

1. wash the car

2. Claybar the car

3. SMR with PC using alcohol to make sure the swirls are removed

4. Work on the interior, Vaccum, etc.

Day 2

1. wash the car (stuff gets on the car overnight)

2. start up with the zaino process

I have to do it this way because I have a black car and can only find shade from 3:30 til when the sun sets. Other than that the sun is very strong and makes my car very hot (it`s a black car) which is impossible to work with. If you guys have any suggestions I`d be very grateful. I`ve tossed around scenarios in my head like crazy and this is the best I could come up with.

Thanks again.

shaf
06-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Sounds okay, but you may want to budget more time or more days between steps, depending how quickly you get through the claying process. I usually end up spending all day on that alone. :p

BlkEscapeMike
06-19-2003, 10:58 PM
I`m really hoping I won`t have to spend all day claying...

My paint can`t be in THAT bad of shape...but then again who knows til I really get into it.

endus
06-20-2003, 07:55 AM
I work in sections on my car (started with hood and front fenders last weekend). It`s not the best solution but when you work outside you`re limited by sunlight and shade and temperature and all that.