PDA

View Full Version : Oh oh, I used Eagle One and I have a problem

omslaw
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
I decided to use something a little stronger on my chrome rims. I bought Eagle One Chrome and Wire cleaner. I know it has acids, but I read the directions carefully. Well, the rims came out fine but the everything attached to the rim is screwed. The rotors, calipers, nut, and bolts have this rust look to them. On some of the bolts it almost looks white.

What can I use to take this stuff off?

By the way the car is only two years old and was perfectly fine before I used that stuff.

imported_Tony
06-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Baking soda is a neturalizer. You may mix baking soda and water in a bucket and and use this to rinse the parts that have the acid on them. Then you will want to clean those parts .

good luck

Jngrbrdman
06-19-2003, 06:06 PM
No matter what wheel cleaner you are using, you should avoid spraying through the wheel to the brake system. Was this the orange bottle or the black bottle? The black bottle did that but I can`t say that I`ve noticed it from the new formula. I try not to spray it though the wheels though.

Tim Lingor
06-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Hey all!

Jngr, he is referring to the EO`s Chrome and Wire Cleaner and not A2Z wheel cleaner. I have to agree with Jngr though; I really like the EO A2Z but any other wheel cleaner, I shy away from.

Jngrbrdman
06-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Ahhhh.... My bad. I guess my brain saw a typo but it was really what he meant. I`m sleepy I guess. lol Sorry `bout that. :xyxthumbs

omslaw
06-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your help. I know better than to use a cleaner like that, but I still had to find out. I`m just glad that there`s something I can do. I just wish EO had said something like that. Next time, if ever, I`ll take my tires off.

I`ll try that baking soda help.

Thanks again.

Pats300zx
06-19-2003, 08:02 PM
I really like the EO A2Z but any other wheel cleaner

I have never had any probs with the Eagle One A to Z Cleaner. I have some of the old forumla in the black bottle that I got when Sears was getting rid of their EO stock. Guess I can always give it away :D