PDA

View Full Version : Grounds for Murder?

Myles
06-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Alright, got the car last year and today i discovered this :scared

Note inserted picture.

This is the first "accident" shes had.

Does it look bad in your opinions? Will it cost heaps? Im not sure what i can get done under insurance.

Why do people have to park by braile, like check the front corner of the car when you are reversing out of a car park eh?

Thats what i think has happened anyway.

Help, havent had this happen before.:scared

Scottwax
06-19-2003, 12:53 AM
That will buff right out.

Myles
06-19-2003, 01:05 AM
ahh yes, but what about the corner on the right hand side, its down to the plastic. like the black bits i assume are the plastic

01rt
06-19-2003, 05:53 AM
If it`s the other guys paint, it`ll buff out. If it`s your paint torn, several hundred $ to remove and repaint the bumper.

Paintxpert
06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
I had exactly the same thing happen to me not long ago :mad:

I got Honda to spray the area locally and it looks perfect :xyxthumbs

Cost me about £75 or about $100 to you ;)

GoodnClean
06-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Someone did that to my dad`s LS400, except much harder, and it was a SUV or something so it got the rear quarter panel pretty good. It was only $550 or so to repair it, so I would say $200 is probably a good estimate for you to get the bumper cover repainted.

What kind of car is that, Cadillac?

JohnSWA
06-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

That will buff right out.

Scottwax the magnificent:bow I have a similiar problem. I don`t have a pic, but I hit a trashcan (painted) and have paint marks from the can.

What products would you recommend and would they work with a pc?

Thanks!:xyxthumbs

John

imported_DetailGirl
06-20-2003, 05:50 PM
JohnSWA-

I hit a curb at school and had nice bright yellow paint on my car...the body shop took a rubbing compound and it came right off.

Jngrbrdman
06-20-2003, 05:54 PM
If it is paint swap then you can use something like Meguiar`s ScratchX. I keep a tube of that in my car always. Right there with my microfiber and QD. Paint swaping is easy to fix. If it cut through the paint into the body then you are hosed and it needs to be touched up. Not a major issue though. It can be repaired easily. It will cost less than your deductible probably so there isn`t really any point in calling your insurance about it.