PDA

View Full Version : Meguiers VS Menzerna

Pages : [1] 2

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 12:06 AM
What is the best combo to use with DACP To Achiveve a mirror like finish because I have heard before that DACP leaves the surface milkly with small scratchs from the actuall Polishing process.

Does Menzerna Fast cut have similar cutting action im looking to remove swirls like these but also with other small Scratchs in tge clearcoat of this truck I tried IP and FP but nothing happand im useing a rotary just debateing if i should get DACP or #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner What should I use after polishing with DACP.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p841d6ce666b61c77e75d640940007f0f/fc38dcb4.jpg

Scottwax
06-19-2003, 12:32 AM
I don`t have any experience with Menzerna products, but if you work DACP until it looks nearly clear and dry to break down the abrasives, you can nearly always move straight to a final glaze or even wax it leaves the surface so nice.

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Ic is it agressive enough to remove swirls of that sort or do I need #4 .

Tim Lingor
06-19-2003, 09:47 AM
I would not use #4 , but instead use Meg`s Compound Power Cleaner. It uses buffer abrasives as well and tends to be an excellent step if DACP does not do it.

I am not sure why you see a milky look to the paint after using DACP, but as Scott said, if you work it in long enough like you are suppose to, the finish comes out darn near perfect!!

After DACP, use Meg`s #82 SFP and either Meg`s yellow polishing or beige finishing pads.

Buck-O
06-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Give some #9 SMR2.0 a try as well.

I was able to get some preaty good results, using just the stock Porter Cable pad.

Heres my thread with pics (56k beware) so you can see the before and after.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24660

Mine wherent quite as bad as yours. But my neighbors Infiniti was probibly worse. Unfortunatly i have no local scource for DACP...But the SMR2.0, followed up by the Fine Cut cleaner on his Infinifi left an amazing swirlfree shine. Again using nothing but the stock Porter Cable pads.

BTW, the shots of the fender and the rear wing, where all wax and polish free. Just the #9.

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Ic I never used DACP just heard what people got after useing it.

Deanski
06-19-2003, 02:42 PM
That`s odd, I found out that IP IS supposed to be used with a rotary for swirls so long as you use a cutting pad. This I got from CMA email. The rotary and IP removes swirls, where some other products just hide them. DACP does a very nice job! If you have DACP, use it.

Deanski

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Yep I have a rotary and IP and FP Just didnt cut it I need some fast cut from JGV but im debateing if i should get DACP instead.

Deanski
06-19-2003, 03:17 PM
The DACP is a combined cleaner and polish so I removes the light swirls and polishes as well. I know the Medallion cleaner is a bit more on the aggressive side, just mostly cleaning, very little polish.

The #9 SMR ver 2 has improved from the older formulas, this stuff has a great deal of polish and a little bit of filler, but mostly to round-off the swirls. If time is of the essence, do the DACP or #9. Can`t hurt and you may save some greef and time as well.

If IP didn`t work, those must be some bad-*** swirls!

Regards,

Deanski

Re-Lax
06-19-2003, 03:24 PM
DACP is a fairly aggresive compound that breaks down into a final polish. It WILL remove moderate to deep swirls. As was said before work it in until nearly gone and it`s the only product you need. No joke. The first time I used it I did not work it in long enough and I had haze. I got the hang of it the next time I used it and it worked like a charm. Follow it with a carnuba and it great.

(I use a PC by the way)

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Yah the swirls are pretty deep its not just the swirls the paint has alot fo small grey scratchs.

imported_jgv
06-19-2003, 04:32 PM
The Fast Cut is more aggressive than DACP, while the IP is very mild. CMA says it removes swirls either cause they don`t know the Fast Cut or they trust you`ll spend a life time to remove them with IP.

Once tho I had to buy something even more aggressive cause the Fast Cut wouldn`t do it in useful time, so I bought a Bootle of Presta`s Ultra cutting cream, but that`s another story.

Fr0zen
06-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Ic, Where can i get DACP Locally for a test. ?

imported_jgv
06-19-2003, 07:01 PM
I have it but not that locally :D

EBPcivicsi
06-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Ic, Where can i get DACP Locally for a test. ?

I buy my DACP polish locally from a bodyshop supply place. They carry paint, rotaries, all pro detailing products, etc. I think it`s called color match automotive paint finishes. I am sure that if you look in your yellow pages under bodyshop supplies that you will find someone. Good luck.

Also just my .02 on the post, I have used DACP many times and never had any milky problems. I do as others have stated work it until it is almost gone. With dark colors I usually follow up with the #9 to hide the rest of the swirls that the PC can`t get out. When working on lighter colored cars I go straight to wax.