PDA

View Full Version : Finally used Zaino... WOW !

928Rob
06-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey gang !

I used Zaino for the first time this weekend and boy, am I ever impressed. I have a Silver Metallic 928 and for a long time now, I have been using Zymol. I have always liked the results and loved the smell, but I have always been wishing for a little more reflectivity. That`s why I decided to give Zaino a try (and also because their site now allows online buying).

I did the whole wash, clay, dawn wash thing and then proceeded to do the Z-2/ZFX step. I laid down a pretty thin coat over the entire car, let it haze and then off it came with a MF towel. I repeated this process 1 more time.

The next morning I went over the car with some Z-6 and then hit the tires (after cleaning) with Z-16.

The car turned out great (going to Carmel on Saturday, will take photos) and I finally achieved the reflectivity I desired. I also really like the "candy-like" quality in the sheen of the surface. I have never felt my car have such a slick (and hard) surface and it even smells nice. The Z-16 also gave my tires a really nice look, not greasy, just right.

I want to thank everyone at this site who contributes. Because of other car enthusiasts sharing their knowledge, other owners can benefit like I did. Thanks for everything.

I will post some images at a later time. In the meantime, here is an image I took of my car in front of where I work. I manipulated the background and completely blacked out the windows (mine are tinted, but not that much...).

Take care

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/robh2.jpg

:wavey

Hawkeye_TDI
06-18-2003, 06:07 PM
WOW! I love your car. And welcome to the wonderful world of Zaino.

I have found Zaino to be unrivaled for it`s gloss and slickness. I also think it will outlast most anything out there. Just my opinion guys, don`t get your panties in an uproar.

Tha last time I said that I started a war :eek:

Anyway I love Zaino, and on light colored cars it really makes the car shine

Great job! :up

Bruce

Deanski
06-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Now try topping it with say S100 or Souveran. Gets deeper effect!

Good job! Love that Zaino!

It looks great on my Red Lexus SC430! Will look a whole lot better once I get more time with the car, damn weather here!

Good luck

Deanski