PDA

View Full Version : zaino question.....

Falcon12
06-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Well, I finally did it, I followed the experts advice here at the forum and took steps to bringing my cars paint back to life. With a little luck, experimenting, and lots of friendly advice I finally got rid of most of the scratches, and all the swirls. I finished the proccess with 3M smr, and I now want protect my bright new finish with zaino, but I`m wondering if I should wash the car again before applying the zaino?

Jngrbrdman
06-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Will Zaino bond properly over SMR? I always thought the fillers would be an issue for any sealant.

The rule of thumb to follow is that if the car is dirty, then wash it. If its clean you don`t have anything to worry about. Washing it after polishing it doesn`t really accomplish much. I mean, what are you washing off? Maybe Zaino is different though. You could probably just use a non carnauba QD instead of washing it if that is easier for ya.

rstype
06-17-2003, 11:31 PM
If the car is dirty after you applied the SMR, wash it. If it isn`t, wipe it down with ispropyl alcohol, and Zaino will bond find. Be sure to apply it in thin coats... one ounce should yield at least one coat.

Falcon12
06-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I`ll play it safe and just wash it again.

chris0626
06-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Have you checked out Nick T`s Zaino Tips & Tricks (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23601) ? It`s loadedwith good info. There are lots of other relevant threads, if you want to plow thru the search engine.