PDA

View Full Version : EO Leather Cleaner & Conditioner damage?

crooper
06-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Earlier this year I applied EO Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to my dad`s car. It`s already eight years old and hasn`t had its leather maintained before. Today I noticed some cracks on the driver`s seat. Has anyone else noticed cracks after applying EO leather cleaner/conditioner?

one theory is that it was already going to happen due to its age. also, it was on the driver`s seat. it wasn`t on the sitting surface though. it was on the side where the lumbar support bar is.

anyone else have experience with these products?

imported_BretFraz
06-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I have 10+ years experience with these products and have never had a problem of any kind, let alone cracks. Like faded paint, seat cracks just don`t happen when you squirt on some cleaner.

Since its pretty clear the seats have been neglected, you might want to think about using something like Leatherique to restore the seats. E1 makes a nice cleaner and conditioner but its not a restorer like Leatherique.

Fr0zen
06-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Yah the Seats Where already damaged EO makes Quality Products and that wouldent happan try some leatherque stuff and get the seats repair or do it yourself.