PDA

View Full Version : After Menzerna IP & FP...

jmsc
06-17-2003, 07:43 PM
what do you use?

After using MIP and MFP last week I went to a carnauba wax. The surface was so clean that I felt it needed some IHG or GEPC or #7 or some 3M Machine Polish/Finishing Glaze to add some oils or slickness back onto the paint.

What are you using after the Menzerna Twins?

Deanski
06-17-2003, 08:04 PM
So, how would you rate Menzerna on removing swirls and removal of the products?

I tried IP/FP on a dealer prepped `03 Red Lexus SC430 and did not have much luck with them.

You`re right about how clean the finish is, but did it really feed the paint enough to give you a high gloss w/o the oily finish?

It may take some DACP to recover the SC430 as the swirls must be deeper than what I`m looking at in sunlight.

I did use Zaino Z5/Z2 with Z6 between and plan to use Souveran on top once I get the paint perfect and enough Zaino on it.

Deanski

Spilchy
06-17-2003, 08:32 PM
I tried FP on Sunday and despised it. It was awful. I spritzed a polishing pad with distilled water laid down two little strips of polish on the car and buffed around. It immediately dried and was impossible to remove. It was the pits.

I`m returning it.

Deanski
06-17-2003, 08:44 PM
I did my `03 Lexus SC430 this weekend, and I`ll tell you that Ip did nothing for swirl removal! This is with an orange pad, a PC 7335 model (Meguiars branded) set at 3.5/4 and still after removal of IP, swirls there.

I tried to clean up the IP mess with the FP on a white pad. Not much better.

Went back to get my DACP.. GONE! so, had to use Meg #9 for now. Used some and swirls seem a bit better, but did not have much time due to storms coming. Applied one coat of Z5/Z2 for now until I get more time in.

Anyone here the defacto Menzerna guru? What am I/we doing wrong with this stuff? Followed instructions, but how long does it take for a section to be swirl free let alone the whole car?

Anyone shed light on this, and those of you who are experts with Menzerna, chime in!

Thanks,

Deanski

Deanski
06-17-2003, 08:46 PM
Oh good one Deanski... I posted this twice, damn laptop!

Sorry guys

Deanski