PDA

View Full Version : DACP or 3M PI2 39002... which to use?

Jake11375
06-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Did a search on this can`t find a definite answer so here goes...

Are there any differences between DACP and 3M PI2 39002? Any advantages of one over the other? If so, what are they? I have the 3M and I`m wondering if it would be worthwhile to invest in DACP or, do I have equal standing with 3M? TIA.

MaDAnT26x
07-21-2003, 02:46 PM
Super-Bump :bounce

I was doing a search for the answer to this same exact question and no one ever responed to this. I have a PC and the 3M PI2 39002 and was wondering what the differences between this and DACP are, or your experience with both products.

imported_BretFraz
07-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Well, I have not used the PI2 rubbing compound so I can`t say from personal experience, but knowing DACP and reading a little about the PI2, I`d say the DACP is the milder of the two products. The DACP will start as a fine cut but buffer down quickly. Hard to know what the PI2 will do but my experiences with other 3M polishes is that they hold their aggressiveness throughout the buffing process. I`m sure this is by design. Many detailers and body shop pros want a product to perform consistently so they can determine how much more polishing is needed instead of having the product give up before they want it to.

Not sure if that makes a lot of sense but I hope it helps.

MaDAnT26x
07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I totally understand what your talking about when you say the DACP breaks down. I have read a lot of reviews of DACP but not many comparisons between the two. I thought however that DACP was a little more aggressive or at least starts out more aggressive than PI2. I am referring to PI2 Fine Cut, not Medium Cut. I remember seeing an abrasive chart posted with DACP at a 6, and PI2 Fine Cut at a 5.

Any more info on this subject would be awesome. My paint is in good condition but has light swirls. Just wanted to know the difference between the two and which one would best suit my application before I polish for the first time.

Neb
07-21-2003, 03:28 PM
I`ve been wondering the same thing, I`ll need to visit a friend that has DACP so we can compare.

shaf
07-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Try running some searches containing "FCRC DACP". PI-2 rubbing compound is the Fine Cut product, which is commonly abbreviated FCRC. :up

In any case, what Bret said is what I understand to be true as well.