PDA

View Full Version : New Method for Using Poorboys Spray and Wipe

JimS
06-17-2003, 11:21 AM
I had an hour to kill while the dog was at his hair dressers appt this morning so I decided to S&W the truck.

I found that the passenger side was fairly well covered with pinpoint sized black spots......like road tar. I don`t know what it was but I discovered that it didn`t "wipe" off.

I began to think that I`d need to get out the tar remover and I didn`t really want to do that and then have to rewax so I just tried wiping harder with the WW towel and S&W and the spots were coming off with pressure and repeated rubbing.

I don`t like hard work:scared so I decided to try the PC. I installed a finishing pad (probably could have used a slightly more abrasive pad), cranked it up to high speed, and wet the pad down with S&W. I also wet the panel I was working on and let the S&W sit for about 30 secs before I started working it.

It didn`t take but a little work with the PC and S&W to get all those little black spots off the truck and I don`t have to re-wax/seal the truck. YIPPEE!!

It took quite a bit of S&W, 6 or 8 oz, (STEVE!! Quit smiling!!) but it got the job done very nicely with very little work, and with a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff on hand I can afford to use it freely! :D and Steve and I are both happy campers because of it.

Yet another use for S&W. Gotta love the stuff!!....and I got the pup picked up on time. (his new "do" looks cool too)

Poorboy
06-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey ..where`s the hidden camera:lol: ....:D

JimS
06-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Yeah.......like it take a hidden camera or a freakin psychic!! :cool: :xyxthumbs

Poorboy
06-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey Jim ..try this one ..I experimented on my white 67 Caddy...will eventually post pictures when i have time to download from camera....anyhow...car hasn`t been cleaned in 7 months....sitting outdoors under a canopy tent...blizzard covered the car this past winter...lawn clean-up in fall and spring was done around it too ...

Took the QD+ sprayed it carefully using a piece of cardboard to keep it out of places i didn`t want it to hit and then sprayed Spray and Wipe over that liberally , at least for me:rolleyes: and then I carefully wiped the car clean section by section...it was the slickest I think the surface has ever been....then I worked on the Convertible top, also white, well at least it was 12 years ago. Guess what i used with a soft nylon interior brush....psychic you are again...Spray and Wipe..looks unbelievable...if I didn`t take pictures I wouldn`t believe it. Still have Chrome and interior to do I have very limited time for that kind of fun.

I know here come the guys with where`s the picture guy...

Tonight after the kids are in bed , I should have some time....

NattyBumppo
06-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

....and then sprayed Spray and Wash over that liberally , at least for me:rolleyes:

Would that be yet another new product Steve? LOL Not only are your knees and back shot but your mind is slipping away too!:p

Natty

Poorboy
06-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Natty can you imagine if i ever got some real sleep:eek:

JimS
06-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Natty,

I`ve seen sleep deprivation cause some "funny" thinking and I think maybe that could be the root of Steve`s "creative bursts".....like this idea? We need to treat him with care as he may be on the edge here....delicate condition....etc. :)

Poorboy
06-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Ok i edited it..so I`m sleep deprived for over 3 years already and I do some of my best thinking when I`m sleep walking:doh

ashsarna
06-18-2003, 09:43 AM
You guys are all crazy!!;) Try being sleep deprived with in-laws ect for over a month now (and no chance of spending time alone detailing!!).

JimS
06-18-2003, 12:51 PM
That would cause some SERIOUS side effects and alterations to my moods and behaviors.....I mean SERIOUS! :)