PDA

View Full Version : Need desperate Help!!! Fresh paint is all messed up!!>>

WS6Fury
06-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey everyone, gonna try and make this short. Have an 02 Trans Am WS6 where I sanded and polished the two front aluminum calipers. I then sprayed them with a red clear coat to give them a red metal look. Then I coated a metallic translucent red paint on top of this to give some extra sparkle. Everything was done and dried, so I applied my "Trans Am" decals which are brushed aluminum coated stickers. To say the least, they are expensive!

Well, I went to go spray some clear coat on everything to give some extra gloss and to protect everything and seal the stickers on. Well, the amount of product that sprayed out of the aerosol can was 10x as much as the other aerosol cans all made by the same company and same exact product line. Also, whatever solvent amount was in this can must of been huge. I sprayed it on my drivers side caliper and all of a sudden everything on the top half of the caliper started to ooze!!!!!! I know have about 2-3 on the top of the caliper that shifted and oozed wich runs to about 1/4" of the decals I have mounted to the caliper.

Now short of ripping all the paint off, buying new decals, and doing everything over again. What do you all think I could do? I want to salvage what I did and still have it look great! I am figuring I will have to wetsand the bad areas down, and spritz those areas with some new paint. My problem then is trying to fade everthing together to match, and also not cover up the decals with paint. Then doing the clear coat again!!!

What can I do? Anyone have any suggestions?

When adding clear coat to paint after wetsanding. Does the paint have to be glossy like after a good polish, or can it just be sanded with 2000 grit paper and left alone?

Any help is greatly appreciated!