PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Emblems

imported_buffer
06-17-2003, 07:51 AM
After a couple of years my Honda Emblems are completely shot. I recently got another set of Gold ones but would like to know if there is anything I can do to protect and make them last? I was thinking that maybe waxing them would do it but wanted to put the quesiton to you guys.

Jake11375
06-17-2003, 08:36 AM
2 years that`s pretty fast. :eek: Are they chipping, fading, is the car garaged?

imported_buffer
06-17-2003, 08:39 AM
The car is a 95 and the emblems are original. A couple of years wasn`t the best wording but they are looking quite carpy. Any suggestions?

vmunoz
06-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I recently replaced my gold emblems on my 99 Camry because the original one looked like crap too. The top half of the gold had faded or worn away on all of them. I used the blue bottle WENOL metal polish from CMA to keep them polished, but still need to see how they hold up in the long-term.

Have a great week everyone.........V

rleven
06-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Take the emblems off and polish til they gleam. Spray with clear lacquer or paint on clear nail polish. Should last a long time that way.

Bob

Jake11375
06-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by rleven

Take the emblems off and polish til they gleam. Spray with clear lacquer or paint on clear nail polish. Should last a long time that way.

Bob

Yeah, I don`t think emblems have a clear coat on them. I could be wrong about that though.

tkr128
06-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Are the ones on your car now gold as well? I`ve noticed that the ones that are gold seem to "deteriorate" quicker and 8 years is a pretty long time, so if they only began looking bad recently, I would think that would be normal.

Anyway, I have the silver ones on all our cars and all I do is wash them when washing the car. Once every few months, I use a soft nylon brush to scrub them with a bit of car soap. Then I seal them with a coat of Zaino. My emblems still look brand new.

I`ve never had to take care of gold emblems before so, I can`t really help you in that sense. :)