PDA

View Full Version : Newbie & s100

imported_Interspy24
06-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone. I recently bought some s100 wax after reading many great reviews about it on this site. After the usual wash and clay process, I used Meguair`s #7, and then went straight to the s100.

The finish is outstanding, even on my white integra with 126k miles! Sorry I don`t have a camera, but it looks very deep, glossy, and reflects extremely well. One neighbor walked by after I finished and asked if it was professional job! I`ve only used this once, and can only imagine that it gets better. Thanks for the help and advice guys!:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Btw, just wanted to make sure quick detailer would be okay to use and won`t strip anything off.

spotter
06-16-2003, 01:44 PM
QD won`t hurt a thing but I have found that it is almost as easy and almost as quick to apply another layer of S100.

audio1der
06-16-2003, 02:00 PM
According to their chemists, Megs (QD) and Mothers (Showtime) are safe, and contain nothing to strip off existing waxes.

I`d agree with Interspy that if you have washed your car, just apply another coat of wax.

If you don`t need to full wash, QD`ing shouldn`t hurt anything.

Mmmph
06-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Mmm, S100, baby!

imported_Interspy24
06-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, just wish I could take some pictures. This product blew previous Meguiar`s and Mother`s wax products out of the water, absolutely stunning finish. :D

If anyone is debating about getting it, just get it. I`m using QD right now, is Mother`s better? s100:bow

shaf
06-16-2003, 04:57 PM
I think Mothers is better, and I think it is a bit gentler too. (Hint: read health warnings on bottles... ;)) But if you`re already using Megs quick detailer that`s fine - just be sure to save the nifty bottle!

Since your car is on the old side you may get even better results if you give it a light polishing next time with something like #9. Then again, white is pretty forgiving. :)