PDA

View Full Version : What towel do you guys QD with?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_BluHeaven
06-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I`m trying to find a good towel just for quick detail spray but theres so many damn types out there now...

Standard `ultra` MF (like the miracle towel CMA sells)

waffle weaves

Terry (IE koala soft towel and the CBT that autopia sells)

arggg

spotter
06-16-2003, 01:10 PM
16" x 16" MF from Pak Shak. It just doesn`t get any better than this. I keep one in my car with a small 2 oz. sprayer of QS ready for anything.

Spilchy
06-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Magic Towel all the way. Nothing is plusher.

I LOVE the koalas too for cotton. I have a bunch of them. I don`t use them for QD though. I use them to dry with and to remove polishes.

To be honest, you cant go wrong with the PakShak. Autopians get a discount. For the money, they`re the best IMHO.

Mr. Clean
06-16-2003, 01:22 PM
CMA`s Miracle

MicrofiberTech`s Elite

Vapor Clean`s Ultra Plush

I don`t have Autopia`s CBT, but I would bet that would be a good option as well as DFTowel`s Alpine towel.

I reserve my DFTowel(s) for CCD duties exclusively.

topnotchtouch
06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
I buy most of my MF from Ranney at PakShak and for the money you can`t go wrong with his towels. I have to say though I am also very pleased with the Autopia Concours Buffing Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/aucobuto.html), they are VERY plush.

Either way I think you will be pleased.

MidnightHour
06-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

To be honest, you cant go wrong with the PakShak. Autopians get a discount. For the money, they`re the best IMHO.

Discount? I just received my order of 10 16x16 MF towels and 1 25x36 waffle weave and I never knew about a discount. Can you please fill me in? :D

Pats300zx
06-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Pakshak :up

MF`s for QDing

Waffle Weaves for drying

jmsc
06-16-2003, 02:37 PM
A few days ago I QD`d my car with McCall`s Sprint. Its a carnauba/polymer based QD. I used a DFT for the first pass. Then buffed out with CBT. It don`t get any better than that. Honest.

imported_BluHeaven
06-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Cool!

Thanks guys!

I already have a 2pk of CMA Magic towels from a while back (only ever used one of them though for interior work!) So I can use the 2nd one for QD... I also picked up a CBT from autopia store since I had to stock up on einzett cockpit premium anyways

Spilchy
06-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SpeedSolutions

Discount? I just received my order of 10 16x16 MF towels and 1 25x36 waffle weave and I never knew about a discount. Can you please fill me in? :D

You have to PM Rany. His user name is PakShak. Let him know you`re an Autopian and you save serious $$$

I bought 15 MF`s from him.

Scottwax
06-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Any quality MF towel will work far better than even the best terry cloth towel.

chris0626
06-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Count me in on the Autopia Concours Buffing Towel. It`s the first towel that has performed flawlessly for me when buffing Zaino`s QD.

imported_Larry A
06-17-2003, 09:46 AM
I know Autopians dont want to hear this but I use VIVA paper towels. Ive done this for years and have noticed NO scratches. Only Viva workes they are very soft.I use Eagle One Wipe n Shine if that makes a differerce

Deep_Freeze
06-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Interesting trend for me, cause I do have streaking problems every so often when QDing. Guess I need to break down and get more MFs, man, this is getting expensive!!! :eek:

Deep_Freeze
06-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Interesting trend for me, cause I do have streaking problems every so often when QDing. Guess I need to break down and get more MFs, man, this is getting expensive!!! :eek: