PDA

View Full Version : cleaning my carpeting.

fjclaus
06-16-2003, 07:38 AM
I have a 1997 Olds Cutlass that my wife and I have had for a few years now. We bought it used and the carpets were in great condition. Since we have two small children you can guess they no longer look the way they did when we bought it. How do I know? My wife just got a new car and her carpets look like mine did when my car was new.

In any event I have tried to spray foaming carpet cleaner on them as use the carpet shampooer from the house. The carpets look a little better, however there is stains from various McDonald`s sauces, as well as soda, coffee, mud and other items staining the carpets. These stains while not as bad, are still there, and they are very noticeable on my tan carperting.

I have tried everything I could think of except the ArmorAll products.

any tips?

imported_chewy
06-16-2003, 07:47 AM
I have really like the cleaning ability of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (APC+). You buy it by the gallon and dilute it for varies cleaning tasks. For carpets, I believe the ration is 1:20. I used it with a Rug Doctor on some dirty carpet and it really made a great difference.

You can order it on-line or find a local body-shop supply store--they should have it or be able to get it for you.:up

Malibu
06-16-2003, 02:29 PM
I have had great results with Eimann Fabrik Hi-Intensity cleaner. Depending on how bad the carpet is, I either dilute it down or use it full strength. For the really stubborn stains, Folex will quickly become your best friend. :up Do a search on it and you`ll find a lot of info.

Mike

2wheelsx2
06-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Hate to keep pushing it, but the answer is Folex. I have tried just about everything on the market, and Folex gets out everything I have ever tried it on. And easy to use too.

fjclaus
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys. I looked it up and found that some Home Depots sell it. I will have to look next time I go.

imported_indy
06-16-2003, 05:14 PM
If you have a Car Quest dealer in your area check out their Purple Cleaner/Degreaser product. You can vary the concentration for different uses. Full strength it`ll skin a buffalo at a thousand yards.:p