PDA

View Full Version : Banged Up Ride

jones2416
08-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Well some idiot thought that my lane would be better and smashed into my car today. It was not to bad but the front and driver door panels will probally have to be replaced. It was almost like NASCAR he smoked up his tire on my door.. To top it off he is uninsured driver:mad: So it looks like higher premiums and out the deductible is in my future. I am going to take it to the body shop and was woundering.. After she gets out how soon can I detail the fresh paint?

Thanks,
J (With the Smacked up CTS:lmfao )

Poorboy
08-19-2004, 09:45 PM
wow..what at bummer...an unisured driver...didn`t know there where any of them left:dunno

I`d say if you get it repaired quickly and the job is done well, you should be able to get it ready for winter...a lot also has to do with the materials used (ie paint mfg) and if they bake it in a paint booth.
Polishing should not be a problem, but you`ll be best off waiting for a sealant or wax for at least 30 days.

Don
08-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Poorboy
wow..what at bummer...an unisured driver...didn`t know there where any of them left:dunno

Come to Cleveland, we have plenty of them...I know, I got hit-skipped by one a few years ago :mad:

as for polishing the CTS, try some Megs #81 it`s a body shop safe polish with a small amount of a polymer sealant that`s also body shop safe (better than nothing)