PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered this detail kit.......questions?

CuriousJa
06-15-2003, 08:42 PM
i just ordered this detail kit....auto geek.net/forfavkit.html.....its my first attempt at puchasing quality detail products. so my question is...do you think i need more towels and if so what kind? also do you think i need anything else other than a clay bar and shampoo? Thanks- Ja

P.S.- in order to get to the site with the kit you have to type the url WITHOUT a space between AUTO and GEEK. sorry about that but its blocked from this site and wont let me link it or type it on this page

JasonC8301
06-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I suggest JT international towles on Ebay (his name is ultramicrofiber) or autopian member Pakshak. They both sell some quality towels.

That kit you bought is a bargain. Klasse twins and Pinnacle Souveran for under $100. Some great products.

What clay bar and shampoo do you have? I`ve been hearing great reviews of Autopia`s glide, block ,and waffle kit.

Armed with those quality products, I hope you`ve been reading up on the forums to know how to use those products effectively.

Happy Detailing,

Jason

CRXSi90
06-15-2003, 08:50 PM
frag, the link you posted doesn`t work because the word in the url is blocked on this site. Maybe we can help you if you tell us what it rhymes with. ;)

Here is the link you gave...

http://www.********.net/forfavkit.html

JasonC8301
06-15-2003, 08:51 PM
auto geek

darn been around Autopia a little to much to know that from the top of my head.......

CRXSi90
06-15-2003, 08:52 PM
rrrrrrrright, I went to cargeek.net remembering from a previous issue, but that sure was not it, lol. Thanks!

shaf
06-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Yeah I like the idea of that kit. Like Jason said, it`s a great deal too: Souveran, Klasse, MFs, and CM QD combined! :xyxthumbs At one time that combo was really hot here I understand...

I would definitely pick up about a dozen MFs (at the very least) and some more foam applicators. One just isn`t enough.

Another way to order from JT Intl is by email (most people order this way): http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24408&highlight=international+email+tom+gong

Also don`t forget about washing materials like mitts and drying tools....

paco
06-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Tire Dressing

Wheel cleaner

Vinyl Dressing

Leather Care (?)

All purpose cleaner

E1 - 20/20 glass cleaner

2 - 5gallon buckets

3 wash mitts (1 wheels, 1 for the upper portion of the car, 1 for the lower portion)

JT`s waffleweave for drying

Swiffer dust cloths (cut up and stored inside the vehicle for quick dusting`s at a red light). Make sure not to get any funky scented out (like - Pledge orange --- smelly).