PDA

View Full Version : Easy Klasse??? Can I wait 12HRS for...

Cleanmaxx Brian
06-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Well I Dawn washed, Griot clayed, washed again, dryed with Pakshak MF (AWSOME!) applied Klasse AIO with PC-removed with MF (EASY to do!) and applied SG with PC and removed with MF and Final Inspection. The finish is truely awsome:shocked

Now the big question... What will happen if I wait 12 hours for a 2nd coat of SG??? I know 24 is preferred... But it would be much better if I could apply the 2nd in the AM and the 3rd tomarrow night!

Also, how long do I HAVE to wiat to apply S100????

Thanks in advanced!!!

I Love this place:bounce

JasonC8301
06-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Thumbs up on the Klasse. Really good stuff. I need to experience the hazing some forum members talk about!

As for the coats, 12 hours, it can be done if you put the car into a garage and put the temeprature to around 70 and run the dehumidfier in there to take all the moisture out of the garage. I recommend 24.

So every night lay down a coat :) Then after 5 coats of Klasse SG (then you begin to get to the paint of diminishing returns) the next night put some S100 on..

Cleanmaxx Brian
06-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Here is another question...

If you AIO and 3 coats of SG, then apply S100 every other week, wouldn`t the Klasse stuff last forever? I mean they are under the S100 right? I know if the S100 wears off (kinda quickly I might add) then the Klasse will be exposed, then of course you will need to reply.

RhinoNC
06-15-2003, 09:55 PM
What do you need to do to prepare the surface for a second coat of SG if you`ve been out driving in between?

Do you have to do a whole new wash and dry? After that, you can go straight to SG, right? If you don`t see any dirt, can you just wipe it down with QD?

Cleanmaxx Brian
06-15-2003, 10:02 PM
You should just wash and dry and apply SG. If it is not really dirty, I would use Final Inspection (No wax in there) and apply SG.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

shaf
06-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Cleanmaxx Brian

You should just wash and dry and apply SG. If it is not really dirty, I would use Final Inspection (No wax in there) and apply SG.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong... Yes that`s right.

I would really wait out the 24 hours. Perfection shouldn`t be rushed, and if you mess it up somehow because it didn`t cure enough you may have wasted all your previous effort you know? :) I`m not saying it`s a certainty that bad things will happen, but IMHO it`s not worth the risk.

I don`t know about the Klasse lasting forever thing, but I hope to find out when I make time for my overhaul in a few weeks - my Klasse coats have been topped most of the time but are nearing 1 year in age now... :eek:

Cleanmaxx Brian
06-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Well it looks like I have to wait the 24 hours...I do not want to start over!!!

jay_vw
06-21-2003, 04:18 AM
I had thought it was only a 24hrs wait between your final coat of Klasse SG and wax (such as P21S). This is the first I`ve heard of waiting between coats of Klasse SG. Perhaps I need to do some more reading...

jaim
06-22-2003, 11:30 AM
The most important thing to remember is to let Klasse SG dry and bond to the paint surface. Therefore, climate / weather is factor to consider.

If you live in a very hot place... you can probably expose your car under direct heat of the sun all day and Klasse SG may bond. However if you live in a very cool place then a 48 hours period might not be enough for the Klasse SG to bond.

Here in my country (Philippines) temperature is 32 degrees. I had a good bonding at 48 hours... with my ride exposed to the sun most of the day.