PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Ford Explorer

Lenny
06-14-2003, 01:46 PM
I took care of my parents 2002 Ford Explorer today, a four hour job in all. Two coats of Zaino Z-2 on the paint and the plastic body cladding, Aquapel on the glass, one coat of Zaino Z-5 on the wheels, and one coat of Meguiars Endurance on the tires.

Explorer Front (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3054&papass=&sort=1)

Explorer Side (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3055&papass=&sort=1)

Explorer Back View (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3056&papass=&sort=1)

Sorry the pictures didn`t turn out better, but the sun decided to hide AFTER I was done with my work!

imported_Intermezzo
06-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Looks good Len_A!!

The headlights on the first pic really stand out. Did you Zaino them as well? Also, have you tried applying Z to the tinted windows? I don`t think anything looks better than Zaino on tinted windows.....really gives the car an extra pop for good measure!

Lenny
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Looks good Len_A!!

The headlights on the first pic really stand out. Did you Zaino them as well? Also, have you tried applying Z to the tinted windows? I don`t think anything looks better than Zaino on tinted windows.....really gives the car an extra pop for good measure!

Thanks!!

I Zaino`ed the headlamps and the fog lights, but all the glass on the rest of the truck I used Aquapel, including the mirrors. Next time I may try the Zaino on the tinted glass just for effect (hmmm...wife`s Escape has the same kind of tinted glass.......)

thevolvoguy
06-16-2003, 02:35 PM
I love the new Explorer`s!!! Too bad that ones a 6-cylinder, those new V-8`s really haul some major arse. 0-60 in 8.0 secconds is not bad for a big ford SUV.

The only thing I wish Ford would change is their choice of tires, the Good Years just have way too much road noise and vibration, and the Firestones fall apart. :p

Anyway, that blue looks awesome! Great job, as usuall!! :bigups

Lenny
06-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

I love the new Explorer`s!!! Too bad that ones a 6-cylinder, those new V-8`s really haul some major arse. 0-60 in 8.0 secconds is not bad for a big ford SUV.

The only thing I wish Ford would change is their choice of tires, the Good Years just have way too much road noise and vibration, and the Firestones fall apart. :p

Anyway, that blue looks awesome! Great job, as usuall!! :bigups

If you end up with either an XLT Sport, an Eddie Bauer, or a Limited, you end up with BF Goodrich 16" tires instead of the Goodyears (and better looking wheels on the 16" ones as well, IMHO).

And you`re 100% right on the V-6. the V-8 doesn`t work as hard, and the V-8 is quieter.

C. Charles Hahn
06-16-2003, 03:19 PM
probably the V-6 gets worse gas mileage because of having to work harder, too.... (ask me how I know :rolleyes: )

Lenny
06-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

probably the V-6 gets worse gas mileage because of having to work harder, too.... (ask me how I know :rolleyes: )

That`s exactly what one of my neighbors said about the two 2002 Mercury Mountaineers he`s had - first was a V-6, second IS a V-8, and the eight gets better gas mileage.