PDA

View Full Version : Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

CHScholl
06-14-2003, 03:04 AM
Here`s my delima regarding Meguiar`s Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant:

The script on the front of the bottle states " Brings back richness and color to vinyl, plastic and rubber." Based on this statement and the first paragraph on the back one would assume that this is a product similar to lezol , 303 or OG EVR.

Yet on the back it states " Wipe off any excess to aviod splatter on painted and non-painted plastic panels. If splatter occurs, remove immediately."

So my question is ...is this product intended for plastic or isn`t it ? Or are they referring to CLEAR plastic ?

Any thoughts , opinions ?

Lynn Matthews
06-14-2003, 03:44 AM
Just rubber, plastic and vinyl. Not clear plastic...

Here is what Meguiar`s has to say about the product...

"If you`re after a "new car" look, this is the protectant you will want to use on your vinyl, plastic and rubber. This formula is made with a premium, complex blend of ingredients to clean, shine and protect dashboards, trim, tires, door panels, moldings, etc., and it does all this without leaving a greasy or plastic look. The conditioners inside Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant help prevent the surfaces from drying, fading or cracking and we`ve added UV protection to reduce damage caused by the sun. "

If you are looking for something for clear plastic Meguiar`s has a new product that just came out the first of the year and it works great! It is called PlastX.

Here is some info. on PlastX too...

"This easy to use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar`s exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive Technology, (MDAT), removes light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease. In addition, because our microscopic diminishing abrasives breakdown as you use them, PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish is safe on plastic rear windows on convertible tops, aircraft windows, motorcycle fairings, face shields, headlights and taillights, instrument panels, all clear plastic boat surfaces and aquariums. Meguiar`s PlastX also contains highly water-resistant polymers. These specialized hi-tech polymers provide long lasting durable protection to keep your clear plastics clear and beautiful longer. PlastX is non-toxic and does not contain any harsh solvents."

Hope this clears things up for you. ;)

Lynn Phillips

tkr128
06-14-2003, 02:46 PM
I`ve used it on the plastic interior panels and didn`t notice anything "bad" happen to them. I was also a bit confused by that statement.