PDA

View Full Version : Personal comments

CharlesW
08-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Just my .02 worth.
One of the things that has always made DC stand out from other boards is the fact that it is a friendly site.
I really like that.

Recently, we seem to have drifted a little away from some of that friendly attitude and sometimes make some remarks that could be easily taken personally by the recipient. It is usually in a joking manner, but it is still kind of uncharacteristic of DC.
I like the old way better. :)

So, I`m just an old fuddy duddy, but that`s how I see it. :D

Charles
:beat :brick :flameon:flamed

Bring it on! :-p

Boss_429
08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Well, I tend to agree. To generalize and define "Spammers" as a whole with some names is one thing.......... to start degrading the person himself/herself is another.

EDIT: I still reserve the right to call Spammers in general............ as jerks or clowns! :D

NYV6Coupe
08-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I couldn`t agree with you more. Other BB`s I`ve visited / posted have amounted to not much more than pissing contests run by people who do not have the knowledge and/or backbone to stand behind their words.

Some has problems with a server or a computer program ......... "go read the manual" or "how`d you ever get the job"

Someone has problems with their golf swing ........."if you can`t bring it to parallel at the top, you`ll never drop it in the slot like me `cause I`m a scratch golfer with a +1 index and I play Titelist forged irons" or "if you can`t play by the rules then the game you`re playing isn`t golf"

I won`t even bring up the Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar wars ... most sites are vulgar & vile.

Which brings me to DC. This is a friendly forum & everyone seems ready, willing, and able to share their knowledge. I haven`t read one pompus post yet.

Everyone sounds like the type of person I`d like to crack a few brews with.

groebuck
08-19-2004, 08:30 PM
AND!!! there`s cake :)

Poorboy
08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
groebuck quote: "I`m not crazy Steve..I`ve just been in a very bad mood for 34 years.."

what ? only 34 years I got 10 more years than that:lmfao

kimwallace
08-19-2004, 08:36 PM
I have 6 more than you Steve ...
Guess that is why I am an old f_rt.
f_rts are always bad or put others in a bad mood :lmfao

Poorboy
08-19-2004, 08:39 PM
:fart ....that`s me and groebuck on either side of you Kim :lmfao :rolling

groebuck
08-19-2004, 08:43 PM
as long as the fart end is pointing your way PB :) -

p.s CAKE WASH CAKE WASH CAKE WASH!!!

00Ranger
08-19-2004, 10:13 PM
You know Kim and Steve if it wasn`t for you old farts:) me and many others would not have the knowledge it takes to be a great detailer:bow

The Chee
08-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Agreed with you Charles, let`s keep DC as the friendliest detailing forum there is :bigups :bigups