PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Meguiar`s ScratchX

Pages : [1] 2

acohen100
06-13-2003, 06:15 PM
After a 2,200 mile road trip there were at least 10 scratches on my new AV6 Coupe which made me completely crazy. I bought ScratchX purely because it was the most expensive (of those on the rack at Pepboys) and I wanted the best. The most it took was 4 applications by hand to completely remove any one scratch. Very easy to work with. Paint felt like silk afterwards.

Blue-Sun
06-13-2003, 09:56 PM
cool! I`ve only used scratch x once, and it got out some very fine scratches for me in 1 apply.

BTW, I LOVE your screenname. SNATCHFACE. . .brilliant. . .:lol:

CRXSi90
06-14-2003, 12:17 AM
This is actually the only abrasive I`ve worked with, so I`m glad it is getting good reviews. When you are saying 4 applications, do you mean rubbing it until it gets clear and greasy 4 times, or rubbing it till it gets clear, spraying some QD to let the abrasives work some more and repeating until there isn`t anything left to work four times?

What did you use to apply it with?

The reason I ask is that my car is pretty badly swirled and it is bothering me. I`ve worked the front fenders once and have seen a 40-50% improvement, but it was sure a lot of work, and I`m seeing lighter scratches from where I applied it (front to back motion, the direction the wind goes).

Neb
06-14-2003, 01:00 AM
did you use a PC? scratchX works much better (and easier) with a PC. Scratch X DOES contain fillers, so it tends to hide rather than remove most of the time.

Bookus11
06-14-2003, 11:34 AM
LMFAO @ your name. :shocked

acohen100
06-15-2003, 11:54 AM
I applied by hand and did not use QD. Just rubbed until there was nothing left. Fillers or not it was smooth to the fingernail after I was done and there was no perceptable scratch. Now over a week later still can not see any scratches. I topped it off with AIO and P21S.

Cheers

chris0626
06-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Just a friendly reminder: This is a family show. We have all ages and both genders, so we try to keep it tasteful.

rapidmax
06-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Glad to hear it works cause my hood is full of scratches and I plan on trying it in a few weeks. Does it last though or is it just temporary and then the scratches come back after a few weeks?

imported_indy
06-16-2003, 06:16 PM
I am planning on trying this product also, next week, pc application, and would definately be grateful for feedback from experienced users of this product. Should I only use it on the worst areas or is it safe to use on the whole car as a first step after washing? I have Meguiar`s Deep Crystal paint cleaner also.

acohen100
06-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Oh god, there goes the edit-police, saving everyone from silly names. Oh well. Anyhoo, washed today and the was no evidence of the previous scratches. I think they`re out for good.

meGrimlock
06-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Snatchface

Oh god, there goes the edit-police, saving everyone from silly names. Oh well. Anyhoo, washed today and the was no evidence of the previous scratches. I think they`re out for good.

Easy there. There is no reason to make a remark like that, Lynn was just telling you how it works here. Personally I think the name is funny, but you will run across people here that do not like it. You must have realized that when you picked Snatchface for a screen name.

Now back to the Scratch-X thread..........

georush
06-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Treies Scratch-X on a pretty long scratch. It only took buffed it out a bit. Maybe I should have done it 4 times too.

Glossequation
06-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

Just a friendly reminder: This is a family show. We have all ages and both genders, so we try to keep it tasteful.

:rolleyes:

WalkmanX
06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Someone recently keyed my hood and left a pretty lenghty scratch over my hood. The scratch itself isn`t THAT deep (i think)but I can definitely notice it by running my finger nails over it.

Do you guys think Scratch X will work on it?

Jngrbrdman
06-17-2003, 07:22 PM
I`ve been using GS27 and that is basicly the same thing as ScratchX. I just use it on door dings and brush marks on trucks and stuff like that. I have used it to take paint swaping off and all kinds of stuff. I always try it first before I bust out the polisher. I used it on a scratch last week on a truck and it took it out just fine. I broke out the PC and polished out the rest of the scratches (it was a hunting truck and they had driven a little close to a tree) and the ones polished out with the PC and DACP were just as gone as the one I did with GS27. It is always worth a shot on any scratch. It blows my mind that people try to use this product on their entire vehicle though. It is super thick stuff. Thicker than Diamond Cut I think. I don`t know how abrasive it is in relation to the other Meguiar`s products, but I would think it is up there. It should take care of any marks that are just in the clear coat.