PDA

View Full Version : Which protectant? and my experience with pads

pward76
06-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi folks.

I tried the Zaino - nice (plastic) shine, too easy to micro mar. Too much hassle to apply

Was looking at Klasse AIO until I read a couple of guys talking about how it doesn`t protect well. I had thought it did?

Thinking about EX as well, Blackfire seems to be popular as well, and then there is UPP.

I need a little guidance as to which to apply to my black F150. I am looking for something that will last after being topped with Souveran..

I am polishing with Menzerna IP and then FP and a PC - works pretty good now that I am using the CMA yellow pad for the IP and the white pad for the FP instead of 2 orange pads...

I`m taking delivery of a new computer today that should allow me to upload pics sometime soon, as soon as I figure out how to work it with the digital camera....

imported_Smoker
06-12-2003, 11:48 AM
AIO isnt really designed to protect - its there to clean the paint!

The Klasse SG is the protector of the two.

I`ve never used EX but it`s apparently excellent, tho I HAVE used UPP and its awesome.

Your choice!

jmsc
06-12-2003, 12:38 PM
pward76,

Curious as to why the Orange Pads did not work as well for you vs. the Yellow/White pads?

I am also getting ready to use the Menzerna twins for the very first time with my PC this weekend. I have the Yellow/Orange/White/Gray CMA pads available for my use.

imported_Smoker
06-12-2003, 01:03 PM
A little off-topic but we detailed a Black Regal yesterday LOL.

Man it was swirled to death - we got an extra $10 cos the interior was so bad.

pward76
06-12-2003, 01:39 PM
jmsc -

I have no idea why the orange pads didn`t work as well for me. Could be the weather, the time of day, operator error, or any combination of the above. I will say that the difference is very minor, it could just boil down to gut feel.....

I would be interested to get another (more experienced) opinion. Can you try them both and let us know how they work for you?