PDA

View Full Version : What to use with a new Jet Black E46

rcurley55
06-12-2003, 02:18 AM
I have a buddy with an E46 330Ci - it`s jet black, and let`s say he takes less then stellar care of it.

I`ve convinced him to get some MF`s to take care of it. Now I need to know how to take out the damage he`s put it. Just swirls and they are moderate to light.

I have the following at my disposal:

PC7424 (like I`d attempt this with out it...)

BFII system

3M SMR for dark cars

3M FI-II

Meg`s DACP

Griot`s clay and speed shine

I want to BF the whole car when all is said and done, but I also want to really get after these swirls. I have yet to use the DACP, so I`m tempted to try that with a white pad, and see how it goes.

I`ve been less then enthralled with my 3M products up until now (too long to break down).

I also need to set him up with a washing mit - any recommendations? CMA carries the following:

Chenille Wash Mitt

Black Sheep Wash Mitt

Sheepskin Wash Mitt

and a MF Wash Mitt

I need to make an order from CMA so any recommendations on products (especially for a wash mit) would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Deanski
06-12-2003, 04:41 AM
Have you tried the Menzerna polish yet? Great for removing moderate swirls/paint defects, but for more difficult ones, the DACP would give it a nice starting point. If you say it`s not in that great shape, you HAVE to use the PC to remove these problems.

The 3M SMR does work very well, but I`m leaning to Menzerna as they do not have fillers or excess oils. You have to follow the instructions, or it can be difficult to remove. Use a white pad mist with water or a QD. Fr the Menzerna IP, you have to mist the area after polish with a 50/50 mix of water and alcohol. The FP only needs a little water on the pad.

If swirls are moderate/light, try it w/o the DACP, and go IP/FP.

Good luck, and let us knoww how you do.

Regards,

Deanski

rcurley55
06-12-2003, 11:40 AM
I was thinking about grabbing tnhhe "get acquainted" kit just tu give it a try....any other ideas?

Patrick
06-12-2003, 12:22 PM
(too long to break down).

Typical mistake when using too much product....SMR is a great product....I`d go with that, then straight to BF II..........Use polish prior to protectant, even though the SMR will make her look great, you still need that prior to the protectant for better adhesion......