PDA

View Full Version : Best leather CLEANER?

2rocky2
06-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Not a leather protectant... a CLEANER what should I get?

I need something that will rip the dirt out of the seats -- it`s gotten pretty bad now that I`ve left it for a while.

Also, what type of brush or cloth should I use to apply it? And should I buy a protectant afterwards...? Which one?

Thanks for your help!

rleven
06-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Get either Leatherique or Spinneybecks.

www.leatherique.com

www.leatherz.com

I have both and they both are awesome products.

Bob

repvette
06-12-2003, 05:32 AM
I tried the Ivory bar soap thing that I read about on another forum on the seats - WOW they look just like new again. Soil was light, but, you could see it. Took a pail of warm water, moved the bar around until the water got real soapy and used a white wash cloth to wash the seats. Wring out the wash cloth before using and wipe down the seats with a white towel. (used white wash cloth and white towel, so, no dye could come off on the leather). Let dry over night and then applied Zaino Z-10. Looks and smells great - works for me.

This cleaned the seats - don`t think it would remove scuff marks -

_______

imported_Larry A
06-12-2003, 08:52 AM
You can use Scotts Woollite and water 6 to 1 .Murphy Oil Soap in the spray bottle also works great.

2rocky2
06-12-2003, 09:32 PM
I think I`ll try that ivory soap deal... The car I`m doing it on won`t be mine in three weeks, I`m just prepping it to give to my brother.

I have too many things in the garage to go buying any more right now :P