PDA

View Full Version : Another AIO question...

unclearty
06-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Finally got to use my brandy new AIO Monday night on the black Benz. I read on an earlier thread here, that people use a white pad to apply AIO. If the surface is already smooth and clean...PI III...do I still need a white pad?? Seems a little awkward to apply with a white pad. Do I work it into the paint at low speed with a white pad and then let it haze and remove with a MF?

Seems as though I could just apply with a finish pad...let haze and remove. Am I doing it correctly?

imported_jgv
06-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Finally got to use my brandy hics! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gif

Ok, if the surface is already great, there no reason to use a polishing pad with the AIO. Use the finishing or by hand instead.

Jngrbrdman
06-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Since AIO isn`t an abrasive you don`t really need to use a PC to apply it. Unless your paint is seriously damaged I think you should just do it by hand. It wipes on and then buffs right off. There is no need to let it dry. It does what it needs to do as soon as it hits the paint. You can use any pad you want though. I always used either a yellow pad or a meguiar`s purple pad for AIO if doing it by PC. I figure the extra scrubbing power of the pad might make the car come out cleaner or something. No adverse effects to report and I`ve been doing it that way for quite awhile now.

imported_jgv
06-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Jngrbrdman, I`ve seen marks from Megs purple pad on black paint. I`d never use a mild polish with it. Others have said almost the same :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
06-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Hmmm... I`ve never seen that. I`ve used it on every color of paint I can think of and I`ve never seen any damage with that pad. I use the yellow pad more than the purple pad for AIO anyway. I only use the purple pad when I feel the condition of the paint requires it.