PDA

View Full Version : Weather when detailing your car

Jeroen
06-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Hmm stupid question maybe(newbie here:D), but what is the best weather to detail your car. Currently temps here are between 21C and 30C. I guess when it is sunny the whole day, it`s better not to polish/wax the car if you can`t keep it out of direct sunlight? How about humidity?

I know you can`t change the weather but I was just wondering:)

shaf
06-11-2003, 12:31 PM
For me the perfect weather would be in the low to mid 20`s (Celsius!!!) and moderately overcast. That way it`s still warm but you can work out in the open if you have to (and not get sunburn or too hot). Also cars generally don`t like to be worked on when they`re hot either, so on very warm days with no cloud cover I would definitely seek shade. Humidity shouldn`t be too much of a problem IMHO unless the area you`re in has almost tropical humidity because as it gets more humid drying times of products can increase.

imported_Greg
06-11-2003, 12:32 PM
About 65-73 degrees F and overcast.

Poorboy
06-11-2003, 12:42 PM
I like hot sunny days....nothing like working on your tan while cleaning a vehicle:D

Jeroen
06-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Lol that`s a good one, I should work on my tan somewhat didn`t had much time for it yet. So far it looks like saturday will be slightly overcast and around 22C, sunday looks the same hmm but that day I normally have a hang over:p

JohnSWA
06-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

I like hot sunny days....nothing like working on your tan while cleaning a vehicle:D

You mean I`ve been waiting till early evening and early morning to detail my vehicles when it`s 116 F outside for nothing?:shocked

Well, I`ll just butter up and get that bronse look all the gals go gaga over! :cool: LOL!!!

John

Poorboy
06-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Watch the baby oil:eek: I really miss Arizona...loved the hot nights and the even hotter days too. :cool: Had great tan in those days and was in good shape too...:rolleyes:

Maybe 116 is a bit too hot:nixweiss I think you would need asbestos gloves not to burn your hands:lol:

imported_stormsearch
06-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Perfect detailing depends on your environment. When I have the luxury of a lighted garage, 55 degrees F with little humidity is great. I walk in a little chilly, and it feels great when I really get going.

What`s not so great is right now, 98 F, nearly 100% humidity and rain without a garage.

jayder456
06-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by jem7vwh

...What`s not so great is right now, 98 F, nearly 100% humidity and rain without a garage.

Ahhhhhhmen - I hear ya. Not quite as hot here now, but will be soon. Though I have a garage for drying after washing, but the 80+% humidity is oppresive to work in for 5-8 hours for us middle-aged guys.

Optimal for me is overcast and upper 60s. Unfortunately, not many of those days that occur in sync with my schedule.

audio1der
06-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Optimal for me is any day I can beg the use of a garage from a friend, as I don`t have one.

I`m too nervous to wax (canauba at least) outside, even if it`s mostly overcast. I ruined my first car`s paint that way, and I`m too nervous to try again.