PDA

View Full Version : Learn it, love it, live it

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
06-10-2003, 11:27 PM
I hope this clears up any confusion!

Scottwax
06-10-2003, 11:29 PM
And to make sure there is no more confusion on this matter...

NegatiZE
06-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Man, if only everyone here knew the rules of the road and actually exercised them. Left lane bandits piss me off and make my blood boil. Just as much as being tailgated.

shaf
06-11-2003, 01:17 AM
:lol "Slower traffic keep right - MORON!" :D

meGrimlock
06-11-2003, 08:53 AM
If I had money, I would actually make a TV commerical that made this point. I really wish police enforced this as much as they do speeding. I remember in my defensive driving class a few years ago that 40% of all accidents were caused by unsafe speed, more than half of those accidents were caused by people driving too slow. I was driving to work on the tollway today, and there were vehicles in the middle and left lanes going 55 mph! RIGHT LANE PEOPLE!!!!

milani
06-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I believe that in the Chicago area, police officers are going to start ticketing any slow moving traffic in the left lane!!!!! Sweet! :xyxthumbs

NegatiZE
06-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by IndigoGTI

If I had money, I would actually make a TV commerical that made this point. I really wish police enforced this as much as they do speeding. I remember in my defensive driving class a few years ago that 40% of all accidents were caused by unsafe speed, more than half of those accidents were caused by people driving too slow. I was driving to work on the tollway today, and there were vehicles in the middle and left lanes going 55 mph! RIGHT LANE PEOPLE!!!!

If the govt is going to spend a ton of money on the "click it or ticket" ad campaign, why not make a "slower traffic keep right" campaign?

tetz
06-11-2003, 09:57 AM
"If I had money, I would actually make a TV commerical that made this point. "

There actually is one of those here. A local lawyer has a bunch of

traffic safety tips commercials and keep right except to pass is

one of them.

meGrimlock
06-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by NegatiZE

If the govt is going to spend a ton of money on the "click it or ticket" ad campaign, why not make a "slower traffic keep right" campaign?

There would definitely be more income from lane choice violations, at least here in Texas. As soon as I get into Arkansas, everybody suddenly learns how to drive. Oh, and if people want to kill themselves by not wearing a seatbelt, that is your choice, just don`t make me late to work by driving under the speed limit in the left lane.

Oh, and while I`m rich, I will also produce an instructional video on how to properly merge onto a busy highway. Hint: it doesn`t involve using your brakes.

mmeans
06-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Hmmm....

When I was a kid in South TX, people used to pull over to the shoulder to let you pass on the two lane highways. Driving courtesy was pretty much common. It`s sad to learn that it has changed so much.

Leftlane bandits are rampant in MD. Seeing that it is an entitlement state, it`s really no surprise.

Michael Means

Scottwax
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by IndigoGTI

There would definitely be more income from lane choice violations, at least here in Texas. As soon as I get into Arkansas, everybody suddenly learns how to drive.

That`s only because they do actually enforce it in Arkansas. It used to be real bad there until about 5-6 years ago when they started to clamp down. Funny thing though, they cross the border into Texas and then sit their rearend in the passing lane. http://www.moral-decay.com/Smile/ranton.gif

JohnSWA
06-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Great rules/laws to live by, but I think that folks that don`t use their signals should be shot!

imported_Tony
06-11-2003, 03:19 PM
My wife likes the rightlane and well so do I. Change lanes to the right , slow down and enjoy life.

JohnSWA
06-11-2003, 03:19 PM
How`bout the folks on cell phones. I know I`m guilty, but I pay attention to the road. Just a quick yes/no or I`ll talk to you later. There`s nothing worse than seeing a lady cutting off traffic on the freeway during rush hour making lane changes while talking on a cell phone.

One of our talk radio hosts was at a green light waiting for the car in front to go. It wouldn`t so he honked his horn. The lady in the car in front of him got out, yelled obscenities at him ending with "Can`t you see I`m on the phone?!!!":eek:

John

meGrimlock
06-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

That`s only because they do actually enforce it in Arkansas. It used to be real bad there until about 5-6 years ago when they started to clamp down. Funny thing though, they cross the border into Texas and then sit their rearend in the passing lane. http://www.moral-decay.com/Smile/ranton.gif

Does this state bring out the stupid in people or something?