PDA

View Full Version : detailing boats

imported_usmcski
06-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Can the products that I use on cars be used on boats also?

imported_DetailGirl
06-10-2003, 10:09 PM
What kind of products are you wanting to use? I don`t think there would be a huge problem doing it. We were going to detail my boyfriends dads boat, and he said he didn`t mind although it would be a waste of time because he was leaving to go fishing that day :-) I`m sure there would be nothing wrong though.

CharlesW
06-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by usmcski

Can the products that I use on cars be used on boats also? Sure hope so! For some 28 years, whatever I used on my vehicles also went on my boat. For most of that time, I used Meguiar`s products, but not the marine stuff, just the automotive products. Medallion paint protectant for probably 10 years, however long it has been out.

Right now, AIO/UPP goes on the fiberglass and 303 on all the vinyl. My 1993 ChrisCraft still looks new. The 1975 SlickCraft it replaced looked pretty darn good, too.

imported_usmcski
06-11-2003, 05:29 AM
I use production car care products....I have used them on my jet ski and the thing looks great....I was just wondering if the products they make specificaly for baots are any better.

imported_edschwab1
06-11-2003, 05:04 PM
I agree with using car care products on a boat. On this small section of a freinds boat I used DACP, PI-III MG, AIO, SG, Blitz, the section looked good then and loooks good now. Use what you have, Gel coat is a lot more durable than clear coat.

A little background, last year I completed a small section on friends boats trying in an attempt to get the job. He wanted me to complete his 19` boat for free after seeing the small section. His boat still needs to be detailed, and keeps asking me when I am going to detail it, and I keep telling him when you pay me. The boat would require a lot of work due to the heavy oxidation and condition of interior.

Eric

Auto Care USA
06-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Nothing better than collinite on a boat.