PDA

View Full Version : Tire shine on upholstery!!!!

meGrimlock
06-09-2003, 02:53 PM
This has happened to a lady on a site I frequent, and we are better at making cars fast than we are at removing crazy crap like tire shine out of upholstery.

Evidently she was driving home, and a bottle of tire shine spilled all over her back seat (cloth), and she needs advice on how to get it out. I will post a link to this thread so she can monitor it. Any advice you can provide would help, I am sure she will be greatful.

Tire Shine Spill (http://forums.20vturbo.com/viewtopic.php?p=147954#147954)

imported_TouchofClass
06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Well thats a pretty good mess! All i can think of is get as much of it out of the seat as possible with some rags to throw away.. take the vaccume suck as much more out as you may be able too, then take some all-purpose cleaner, and mist the spot, and see how it is when it dries..

i know you may think im crazy, but after it dries, if it dries, from the silicone in tireshine, take some laquer thinner and put it on a rag, and rub the area clean.. it will dry fast because laquer evaporates. let me know how it works..

Bunky
06-12-2010, 03:28 PM
The link does not work right..has the web site been hijacked..

imported_BobbyG
06-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Can the seat panel be removed from the car? If so then this will make the job a whole lot easier!

I`d use a shop vac and pull as much as you can out of it. Liberally spray a strong APC or degreasing solution on the affected area and allow to sit. Vacuum it again with the shop vac and repeat as necessary. Don`t be afraid to wash the entire seat as it will help with uniformity. Hose the entire panel down with warm water, vacuum, and let dry.

Strong solvents should be avoided as they`ll probably attack the material and melt the fibers.