PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pricing

dimedrol
08-19-2004, 10:08 AM
I have 32 brand new cars to do. All i have to do is wash dry and dress the tires.
I charged her 250-300, depending if there going to be a lot of SUV`s
What do you think?

Also I have 100 Gallon watrer tank, probably need to refill couple of times, but the problem is i live 30 minutes away. How you mobile guys go about water in my situation?
Thanks Dimedrol

Woob
08-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Hmmm 300 - 350 would be my price. Want help :LOLOL Is this a dealership deal? I think you will definitely need more than 100 gallons. Man NC detailing seems pretty hype.

dr_detail
08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
A couple of options I`ve used over the years.....[list=1]
Get a bigger tank
Use their water, fill up your tank when needed
Make friends with a nearby gas station and flip them a couple of bucks to fill up your tank
Purchase a quick connect coupler "valve key" and locate the valve (see pictures below) -- most industrial parks, commercial locations have one in their irrigation system. There are different types of valves made by differing manufactures, so you will need the correct key for the specific application
[/list=1]

Important note on item #4: More and more municipalities today are using re-claimed water for irrigation uses. These are, at least in my area by law, identified as "reclaimed water for irrigation purposes only -- do not drink" and are identified by the use of purple piping or on the valve box cover.

Valve Key:
http://www.rainbird.com/images/products/turf/valves/valvekey_sm.jpg

Valve:
http://www.rainbird.com/images/products/turf/valves/3rc_sm.jpg

dimedrol
08-19-2004, 06:53 PM
dr_detail:
Thanks I will have to check on that.

Wood:
Thanks for the reply, and one day maybe we will meet, if you want.
But I think you live kind of far away from charlotte?

rollman
08-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I don`t know if you have Fire Hydrants in that part of NC but thats one way of getting it up in my part of the woods.

ABCDetail
08-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Personally I`d charge at least 300, given the fact that at that price your making less than 10 bucks a car. True, they are new cars, but it will still take you about 20 minutes to do what your talking about (soak, wash, rinse, dry and dress?). I`m sure at that price they`d be willing to let you refill there, most businesses I deal with here in the Triangle area of NC will let me fill up if I`m doing more than 10 cars, and most are thrilled by the fact that I`m bringing my own water in the first place (got a 125 gallon tank). Congrats on the new deal, those are very exciting as a new business owner!

ron`s
08-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Dimedrol
Check around for bulk water suppliers. Ones that sell Deionized water or Reverse Osmois water. There listed in the yellow pages under water. If theres not one close tyr talking to one of these places that sells water over the counter. The ones where you bring your container and they fill it. I go to a place like this. Its Reverse Osmois its .10 per gal. and it will not spot. You can wash rinse and let air dry. It will save you alot of time. Its like having a helper with you.

Good Luck

Woob
08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Dimedrol I live in the RTP/Raleigh/Cary area so I`m a ways off from Charlotte (3 hours). Been seeing quite a few detailers in NC though especially on Autopia / DC. Definitely need a shop for a big detail meet.