PDA

View Full Version : #9 vs. Menzerma FP. Can anyone help?

Spilchy
06-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Anyone know the abrasive / cleaning difference between #9 and Menzerma Final Polish?

Anyone use both before and can describe the results?

The FP looks like a good product. I am using it for the first time on a couple brand new Mercedes to remove dealer created swirls. I`ve read it is excellent for new paint and it will eliminate, not fill swirls. I am using the PC with a white CMA pad.

I plan on following with VM (or #7 if every swirl is gone) and topping with Blitz.

Thanks

jmsc
06-09-2003, 02:21 PM
listing abrasive levels for most 3M/Meguiar`s products and the Menzerna FP had both #9 and Final Polish at Level 3, i.e. both are mild swirl removers. #9 has good cleaning and fill properties. I used #9 last week with my PC.

Never used FP but just ordererd the Menzerna sample on SAT to try out. FP has no fillers and leaves a very smooth finish per what I have read on it so far.

Menzerna IP was listed at Level 5 making it a fine cut abrasive.

I also used #7 last weekend for the first time in years (with a PC) and I loved it. I got a great shine out of #9 and #7 combo using Mike Phillips tips from last week.

Nikon
06-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Is the extension of this that IP is similar to #2 and DACP. I believe DACP is level 6 abrasive so this should be quite close.

Anthony O.
06-09-2003, 06:53 PM
My personal choice woul dbe the FP for what you are doing. Like others have stated there are no fillers, it is water based and always removes real easy.

The black color of it though looks kinda freaky the first time you squirt some out! I at first thought it was real thick ink.

Anthony

Deanski
06-09-2003, 09:15 PM
I`d go with your choice of Menzerna FP. Works very well. I tried it on my `03 Red Lexus SC430. Dealer did same thing, swirls on new car (thx Lexus) that can be seen in sunlight. Don`t forget to mist your pad with water before you start. It helps in the removal.

#7 can be a bit oily, so let it sit up an hour before you wax. I`d just keep the Menzerna FP and follow with your choice of protection, Zaino or Wax.

For black, try Souveran paste if you want a deep shine, or go the Zaino/Souveran or S100 to top off Zaino.

Layering on black can really make it stand out! All depends on how much time you have.

Good luck, and let us all know how it came out and what you did.

Regards,

Deanski