PDA

View Full Version : Strange Experiment, but nice results

boywonder
06-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I admit that I do get in an experimental mode at times. Well, yesterday while I was sitting outside of church waiting for a friend, I saw my Clay Magic bar and my can of Stoner`s. I decided to clay my interior glass using the Stoner`s as a lubricant.

To test, I did the Driver`s side, half of the windshield, and the rear view mirror. I sprayed a slightly heavier coat of Stoner`s than normal. I ran the clay over it and wiped with my MF.

The results were rather dramatic as it got rid of that pestiferous haze that makes life difficult when cleaning the interior glass. I am going to try this on the rear window to see if I get the same results.

BTW, there is absolutely no damage whatsoever to the clay at all.

meGrimlock
06-09-2003, 12:26 PM
I may have to try this, I have had a haze on my windshield that I cannot remove. I have tried every glass cleaner in my house, Kleen Strip glass cleaner, and alcohol+water, and nothing has worked. Looks like I have something to do Saturday. Thanks for the great idea, PrinzII! :xyxthumbs

boywonder
06-09-2003, 08:21 PM
No problem.

I also did the sunroof and saw no streaking at all.

jjcrews01
06-10-2003, 08:05 AM
I was just thinking about that the other day. I used EO glass cleaner inside and out and the glass looked good. BUT, when I set a cup of hot tea on the dash for a moment, you could see a haze (and streaks) on the windshield. I wondered what I should use to try and remove it.... Now I know! Thanks. :up

milani
06-10-2003, 09:30 AM
I recently used Clay Magic on my wife`s windshield (the outside), and I thought the window was clean. Until I looked at the clay! It was full of particles of dirt, dust, etc... The windshield shines like glass should now!!!:up :bounce :shocked

boywonder
06-10-2003, 12:31 PM
That`s part of my detail for the show in August. :D

larry_bar56
06-10-2003, 01:06 PM
My only thought would be to be very careful on the rear window if you have rear window defogger. I wouldn`t want the clay to damage that.

But, I did the outside of the rear window on my wife`s van this weekend. Cleaned with Stoners, followed by clay and then Autoglym polish with PC. Excellent results!

texaggie1
06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
cool!

boywonder
06-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by larry_bar56

My only thought would be to be very careful on the rear window if you have rear window defogger. I wouldn`t want the clay to damage that.

But, I did the outside of the rear window on my wife`s van this weekend. Cleaned with Stoners, followed by clay and then Autoglym polish with PC. Excellent results!

I am going to test it on a small portion to see if this has any effect.

Nick T.
06-10-2003, 06:04 PM
If you’ve never used clay before and are a little hesitant about learning this new technique on your paint, the windows are an excellent place to start. You can get the feel of the clay, learn how it feels when use too little lube, and gain a lot of confidence - all without any risk of doing damage!