PDA

View Full Version : New Zaino web site

Nick T.
06-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com/) has updated their web site and now allows online ordering. Be careful - - Zaino is highly addictive!

Scott P
06-09-2003, 12:07 PM
At the rate, Sal might get around to recommending microfiber towels by 2010!

:D

chris0626
06-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I needed to replenish several of my Zaino supplies (Z5, Z7, and the leather products). So Sunday I placed my order on the new Z website, which means they received the order on Monday. Guess what? Today (Tuesday) I received the order. I`m lucky, because the UPS tracking showed that the Z warehouse is in Kansas, and I`m in Mo. But, all together, the order was in transit for less than 24 hours. Ain`t immediate gratification grand? :D

Also, for the first time, the Z products were individually bagged in plastic, just like Autopia`s products have always been -- so ... no leaks, no spills. Count me as a 100% satisfied customer!

imported_FUEL
06-24-2003, 08:14 PM
I agree Lynn! Except I think that Z5 is crud. I used it for the first time this weekend and it had no where near the pop Z2 does and I know that Sal says to to use the last layer z2 but I put three layers on top of the z5 and it still did not look as good as when I had just z2 after 2 layers. I guess I best get some more on there! 5 layers is not enough!

Nick T.
06-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Sounds to me as though your problems with Z-5 probably came from either of two sources:

Insufficient bonding (drying) time. Always to a finger test before attempting removal!

Way too heavy application. Use the thinnest possible application. One ounce should be about right for two layers.

chris0626
06-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Oops! I forgot to add this little sidenote. Not only was I thrilled with Zaino`s order-fulfillment, but the kittens were pretty happy too. (Yeah, this is cat-baiting for all you cat-haters out there. :D )

chris0626
06-24-2003, 08:25 PM
FUEL, I agree with you. I have a hunch that Z5 is a crock, if you`re looking for it to remove/hide swirls. I have a very nice paint finish, and been using Z2 with no problems -- actually, with delirious excitement. But after a few layers of Z2, I thought I was seeing some tiny scratches, so I applied Z5. What a waste of time and energy. I`m coming to believe that the right way to use Zaino is: wash correctly, clay thoroughly, do whatever you need to do to remove scratches, swirls, and micromarring, and THEN use Z2. As far as I can tell-- at least on my light-colored car -- Z5 does nothing to hide/fill swirls. Maybe it would be different if I had a dark-colored car. :nixweiss

JimS
06-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Zaino lost my business with their "at-ti-tude" when I first started posting here and began buying my first quality detailing supplies. They made it real hard to get their stuff and acted like they were doing me a favor just talking to me so I started trying other brands, asking questions of people who were gracious and helpful. I found Poorboys and a guy with a friendly helpful way of doing business and a line of great products. End of Zaino experiment. Their stuff is good but not THAT good....and they don`t sell Spray and Wipe!

imported_FUEL
06-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

Sounds to me as though your problems with Z-5 probably came from either of two sources:

Insufficient bonding (drying) time. Always to a finger test before attempting removal!

Way too heavy application. Use the thinnest possible application. One ounce should be about right for two layers.

#1 It had plenty of time to dry and I did do the finger test.

#2 1 oz covered two coats and I had leftovers I just didnt want to use anymore Z5.

I just didnt care for it.

Lynn; I think it is a cork to because I had very very minot scratches and one, yes one swirl on my year old paint on a 2003 Nissan Maxima. So I used the rotary (I hate the PC) with DACP (1st time with it and man I love that stuff!) and got out everything except one spot where I was testing Z5. It failed miserably. I detailied my car inside and out for 13 hours Saturday which included 4 coats of Zaino and I am not about to strip it all off and start over again anytime soon I have customers to make money on!

hogdust
06-25-2003, 05:51 PM
I had some Poorboys products given to me at Christmas through a Truck Chapter I am part off. The stuff is great. I finally got around to trying the polish and I was very happy and impressed with it. You can apply the polish in direct sunlight and it still buffs out.

imported_jgv
06-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by FUEL

.........................(I hate the PC)..........................

Wow!

And I have one that I bought from the USA! Though I also have a rotary!

There`s no way you can get a better finish than an orbital following a rotary. No matter what you do it`ll always leave buffing marks, specially on dark colors.

Nick T.
06-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Lynn - - You’re right about Z-5 doing very little to fill or hide swirls. In my experience it will take 6-8-10 layers to do much of anything. Zaino requires an excellent paint prep job to look its best!

FUEL - - What exactly was it about the Z-5 that you didn’t like - especially as compared to Z-2? I’ve gone through several bottles of both Z-2 and Z-5 on my Jet Black paint, and when adding just two layers I cannot see any difference in the two products. When adding multiple layers I think that Z-5 gives a little more depth and Z-2 gives a little better reflectivity.

JimS - - Your experience in dealing with Zaino surprises me. I’ve spoken to Sal Zaino a few times and he has always be polite and helpful.

imported_FUEL
06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Wow!

And I have one that I bought from the USA! Though I also have a rotary!

There`s no way you can get a better finish than an orbital following a rotary. No matter what you do it`ll always leave buffing marks, specially on dark colors.

Ok I mis said what I ment. I been working 12 plus hour days at the office the last two weeks and its not stoping till I go on vacation next Wednesday so I am fried.

I ment I hate the PC for trying to get out any swirls or scratches, Id much rather go to the rotary at lower speeds. Make sense now lol?